cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple flex uart configuration

vilas_shetty
Contributor III

Hello,
i am trying to bring up two flex uart interface in my project. I could configure one flex uart very easily but when it came to bringing up second flex uart i am not able to. Can anyone help me out with this. i am using flexio2 for both the uarts as my board only has one usable base. i cant use flexio1. i will attach screenshot of my configuration parameter along with this post.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mayliu1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @vilas_shetty 

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would  like to provide service for you.

I'm sorry I didn't see which RT series chip you used, so I take the RT1170 chip as a demo.

Please import "evkbmimxrt1170_flexio_uart_polling_transfer_cm7".

This demo uses FlexIO2 for UART, You can refer to this routine to initialize the UART settings.mayliu1_0-1727599390877.png

mayliu1_1-1727599431088.png

Wish it helps you.
If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards

mayliu

0 Kudos

vilas_shetty
Contributor III
Hello mayliu1,
The mcu i am using is i.MXRT1189. And my question is can we bring up one more flex uart using same instance. I have already bought up one flex uart with instance flexio2 and i am using it with a gsm module. i have setup pin 2 and 3 as rx, tx pins for this. I need one more flexuart for other purpose but with same instance and 18,19 as rx and tx pins respectively. Can i do this?
i have already tried this but i am having issue. i have configured uart in interrupt mode for both uart.
0 Kudos

mayliu1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @vilas_shetty 

Thank you for your updated information.

Yes, you can bring up one more flex UART using same FLEXIO instance.

I have a few suggestions for you:

1:You need config PIN and clock setting, maybe you can use MCUXPresso IDE PIN config tool.

mayliu1_0-1727866540176.png

2: I suggest modify code for FlexIO UART2, next code is just demo code

mayliu1_2-1727867107740.png

please try it.

Wish it helps you.
If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards

mayliu

0 Kudos