cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory requirements for using ROM API in user application

mjosborne1
Contributor III

Hello,

the RT1176 Reference Manual has some information in section 10.5.1 and Figure 10-2 regarding the ROM/RAM memory map.

I would like to clarify whether there are any RAM requirements when using the FlexSPI NOR ROM API in a user application (i.e. after boot)...

Do we still need to carve out 0x2024_0000 - 0x2024_BFFF and reserve this for use by the ROM API code if we use it in our application.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for contacting NXP support.

I would recommend to give look into our AN12183.This application note describes how to program, debug and configure a new FLEXSPI NOR flash. Hope you find this application note useful also please let me know if you have any other question.

AN12183- How to Enable Debugging for FLEXSPI NOR Flash. 

0 Kudos

mjosborne1
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply but I don't see anything in that document that answers my question.

To clarify, when using the FlexSPI NOR ROM API in a user application, does the memory region 0x2024_0000 - 0x2024_BFFF need to be reserved for use by the ROM API code.

My guess is no... i.e. the Boot ROM requires this memory region be reserved but that requirement does not apply to user applications.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying the point, after a review this is the current situation on the section 10.5.1 of the Reference manual the internal ROM and RAM are separated on two blocks in this case after the boot the OCRAM1 (0x2024_0000 - 0x2024_BFFF) can be used freely. But if in this case you will work with FlexSPI NOR API this region has to be reserved.

0 Kudos