cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1170-EVKB and 1XK M.2 Module...

Jump to solution
application_ninja
Contributor III

What is required, and where is the documentation, on how to get the 1XK M.2 module to work with the MIMXRT1170-EVKB kit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The guide is available in previous SDK releases but for some reason not in SDK 2.14.0. I am already taking action to notify this to the corresponding team.

Regards,

Daniel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would recommend you to download the whole RT1170 EVK SDK. You can find all the documentation related to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the following path <SDK_PATH> \docs\wireless\.

I really hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos
application_ninja
Contributor III

But the kits are different, and I believe you have to remove resistors / add resistors, etc... not sure exactly what is required for the newer EVKB board, thus my question...

0 Kudos
DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the documentation form the SDK, there is no HW rework needed in order to use Wi-Fi in the RT1170-EVKB and 1XK.

If you are planning to use Bluetooth, a HW rework is needed to enable the HCI UART and PCM interface. You can find this rework explained in the Hardware Rework Guide for EdgeFast BT PAL. You can find it in your SDK bundle.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos
application_ninja
Contributor III

That document is not within the RT1170-EVKB NXP SDK. I do however have the Embedded Artists SDK installed, and it is available there. But it should be included in the NXP SDK, I would think?

0 Kudos
DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The guide is available in previous SDK releases but for some reason not in SDK 2.14.0. I am already taking action to notify this to the corresponding team.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos
MNNgyn
Contributor II

Hey Daniel,

I am having trouble finding the SDK examples for Edgefast Bluetooth on MIMXRT1170-EVK. I saw it was present in version 2.13 but not in 2.15. I was wondering if you have any ideas why there are no EdgeFast Bluetooth examples on MIMXRT1170-EVK?

Kbrannan
Contributor II

I also was wondering why the newer release didn't have Edgefast examples. EVKB 2.15.00 has it included, but not the regular EVK.

0 Kudos