Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEG Image compression

Jump to solution
hitesh_gambhava
Contributor I

Hi,

In my application, I am using SPI camera module which is giving VGA (640x480) output in RGB or YUV format.

I want to compressed this image in JPEG format so I can send it over wireless easily. I read in i.MXRT1050 application note that this is possible. See following BD.

hitesh_gambhava_0-1697781461174.png

My question - Is this possible on i.MXRT1170 as well as both containts the PXP module for such conversion. Also, this is practical acheivable approach to do JPEG compression of the RGB or YUV image from some storage flash?

Thanks,

Hitesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Yes, it is possible to use jpeg library to compress an image on RT1170. Please note that this process is made by the CPU and not the PXP module.
It is possible as well to use some flash for the image source(see sd_jpeg example). You only need to make sure that Flash is not used for XIP.

Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hitesh_gambhava
Contributor I

Thank you Omar for the response and confirmation.

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Yes, it is possible to use jpeg library to compress an image on RT1170. Please note that this process is made by the CPU and not the PXP module.
It is possible as well to use some flash for the image source(see sd_jpeg example). You only need to make sure that Flash is not used for XIP.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos