Is spi nor flash ROM API available for RT1050?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is spi nor flash ROM API available for RT1050?

mark_li
Contributor II

Hi,

I have came across a couple of threads regarding the rt1050 ROM API, some say it's open and some say not, there are some introduction in 1050 RM chapter <9.13 ROM APIs>, but they are not detailed enough.

I'm using SDK version 2.10.0 and I can find the g_bootloaderTree definition in middleware/mcu-boot/src/bootloader/src/bl_tree_root.c, but it doesn't contain the flash driver, can anybody help to confirm whether it has been opened so far? if yes, in which SDK version? thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

mark_li
Contributor II

hi @jeremyzhou , @jay_heng 

Any update on this? thanks

0 Kudos

mark_li
Contributor II

Thank you jeremy, I have seen this article before, but in my SDK code, the g_bootloaderTree is different, so i'm wondering which version jay heng was referring to.

Below is my code snippet(macro BL_FEATURE_HAS_NO_INTERNAL_FLASH is defined so actually .flashDriver is not initialized):

const bootloader_tree_t g_bootloaderTree = {.runBootloader = bootloader_user_entry,
.version = {.name = kBootloader_Version_Name,
.major = kBootloader_Version_Major,
.minor = kBootloader_Version_Minor,
.bugfix = kBootloader_Version_Bugfix },
.copyright = bootloaderCopyright,
.runtimeContext = &g_bootloaderContext,
#if !BL_FEATURE_HAS_NO_INTERNAL_FLASH
.flashDriver = &g_flashDriverInterface,
#endif // !BL_FEATURE_HAS_NO_INTERNAL_FLASH
.aesDriver = &g_aesInterface };

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I think you confused the bootloader_api_entry_t and g_bootloaderTree, actually, there're different from each other.
As I know, the SDK library doesn't release the FlexSPI ROM API for RT1050, as its functions are incomplete.
Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mark_li
Contributor II
// Bootloader API Tree 
const bootloader_api_entry_t g_bootloaderTree =
{
.runBootloader = run_bootloader,
.version = MAKE_VERSION(
1, 1, 0),
.copyright =
"Copyright 2017 NXP",
.habDriver = &hab_rvt,
.flexSpiNorDriver = &g_flexspiNorDriverInterface,
.flexSpiNandDriver =
NULL,
.nandEccDriver = &g_nandEccDriverInterface,
};

Above code is from link you posted: https://www.cnblogs.com/henjay724/p/13283334.htmlbootloader_api_entry_t  is the prototype and g_bootloaderTree is an instance of it, but in my SDK code, g_bootloaderTree is an instance of bootloader_tree_t, they are similar but not the same, that's the key point.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the post:

https://www.cnblogs.com/henjay724/p/13283334.html
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos