How to modify Flash driver FLM file for RT1062?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify Flash driver FLM file for RT1062?

Jump to solution
John-Madison
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using a custom board that only has two data pins connected to Quad SPI Flash. Because of this the standard flash driver (Arm\Packs\NXP\MIMXRT1062_DFP\16.0.0\arm\MIMXRT106x_QSPI_4KB_SEC.FLM) doesn't work for me. 

Can anyone point me to where I can locate the source code for this project?  

Thanks!

John

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

I got one FLM project for RT1170 product, which is also suitable for the RT106x product.

About Keil FLM, you only need to write below functions:

init, Uninit(not neccessary), EraseChip(Not neccessary), EraseSector, ProgramPage and also the Verify.

I attached the project for your reference.

Wish it helps.

Mike

View solution in original post

7 Replies
John-Madison
Contributor II

Hello Mike,

I first asked this question in the Keil forums, and I was told there by Keil technical support  that the Device Pack is provided by NXP and that I should ask here.

https://community.arm.com/support-forums/f/keil-forum/54249/mimx-rt1060-flm-source:

"John, the corresponding Device Family Pack is provided by NXP. And as (atm) these Packs do not include the projects to generate the Flash Programming Algorithms, I recommend getting in contact with NXP Support directly"

I also found the 105x project, but because it is a different processor and different flash technology, the project is quite different that what I need.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

I got one FLM project for RT1170 product, which is also suitable for the RT106x product.

About Keil FLM, you only need to write below functions:

init, Uninit(not neccessary), EraseChip(Not neccessary), EraseSector, ProgramPage and also the Verify.

I attached the project for your reference.

Wish it helps.

Mike

matlan
Contributor II

Thanks, this helped me a lot to be able to flash my rt1176 at flexSPI2 Port B!

But i have some strange behavior. I've got an offset of 2 bytes in the written and read data from the flash.

Any ideas where that might be coming from?

I used the same version of the SDK as you and haven't modified the code other than changing the flash base address and the other flags needed to use flexSPI2 Port B.

Every idea is appreciated.

BR Mathias

0 Kudos
John-Madison
Contributor II

Hello Mike,

I was able to adapt this project to flash our software successfully. Thank you for you help.

Thanks,

John

John-Madison
Contributor II

Hello Mike,

Thank you for providing this. I am working on adapting it our processor and flash chip.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi John,

Got it. I will check with RT product software team if they could provide related software project for your reference. Will let you know when there with any feedback.

Thank you for the patience.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi John,

Sorry for the later reply.

Unfortunately, I could not find related project at Keil provided RT106x product packages.

I could find a similar project [MiMXRT105x_ATXP032] located at "C:\Keil_v5\ARM\Flash" folder.

Could you check with Keil if they could provided your requested <MIMXRT106x_QSPI_4KB_SEC.FLM> related project? Thanks.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos