How to disable Bank B when updating apps on SLN-SVUI-IOT boards?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

1,083件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

I understand that banks A and B are used alternately when updating the app.
I want to make sure that I don't use Bank B to flash only to Bank A when updating the app. What should I do?

0 件の賞賛
返信
17 返答(返信)

1,069件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

Bank A and Bank B have the different flash address.

If you just want to use Bank A, you just just update the Bank A, write app to the Bank A related address is OK.

About the detail Bank address, you can refer to the SLN-SVUI-IOT design document.

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/development-boards-and-designs/edgeready-i-mx-rt106v-based-...

You can try it on your side at first.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,061件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

If you don't mind, can you explain how to do it?

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,058件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

Sure, you can use the JLINK to download the app to the related flash address directly.

You can refer to one of my document, which is similiar to the SLN-SVUI-IOT.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT106L-S-voice-control-system-based-on-the-Baidu...

You can use the JLINK download the app through the SWD directly.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please also tell me which method you want to download the app image.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,056件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

Can I also set the app to update to Bank A whenever I update it without using JLINK?
Can I do A for the current running bank and A for the bank to be updated?

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,053件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

No, just A bank running and A bank update, it is not possable.

You can think, running A code, but it need to do the self area erase,and program, it is not possiable.

To this situation, must need two banks.

If you use the JLINK to program the flash, then you can just use one bank A to do the app update.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,051件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

Is it impossible to use only Bank A without using JLINK?
How is it possible to use JLIKN?
Can't I use Bank A to put the app on Bank A already and where the app will flash when I update the app?

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,046件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

JLINK is the debugger, which can connect the board SWD interface, you can check the solution related software document, you will find the details.

About the Bank A running and update the Bank A code, it is the self code is running, but you need to erase self code, and update it, it is not OK, to the OTA updated theory, it must need 2 bank. one is running, and update another bank.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,044件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

Can't I not use Bank B at all?

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,025件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

Another way, just from the application design view point.

Run the flash code, and want to that flash code area update, which include erase and program.

You can to copy all your app to the RAM, then jump to RAM to run the app, then do the external flash erase, and program the new app, then jump back to the new app. this is the design thought. But also have risk, if you copy the app to internal RAM, and you also do the external flash erase, and an unexpected power down happens, this situation, you will lost your app.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

967件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

How only use bank A when app update?

0 件の賞賛
返信

916件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

Thanks for your updated information.

This is the information from the SLN-SVUI-IOT UG:

kerryzhou_0-1715911299157.png

In fact, you can use one image, you don't need to compiled for a specific bank.

I don't know, why you must just use BankA, in fact, to the OTA, you must need to use 2 Bank, that will be more safe, from my own veiwpoint, I still highly suggest you use the SLN-SVUI-IOT OTA method directly, with two Bank, at least another Bank can be used as the backup.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

914件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

I'm only going to develop one app, so I'm not going to use Bank B. Also, every time I update the app, it's updated to another bank, so I don't want to use Bank B because it's cumbersome to move the bank.

Help..

0 件の賞賛
返信

898件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

I think, you can do it like this:

You program both BankA and Bank B with the same project.

But, when run the code, you just run Bank A, just when Bank A have issues, you jump to Bank B.

I think, you need to write the bootloader code for it.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

970件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

If I set ENABLE_REMAP to 1 when updating the app using MSD method, is it not only using Bank A?

0 件の賞賛
返信

964件の閲覧回数
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yelin ,

Thanks for your updated information.

Remap means, you always boot from Bank A, even when you update the Bank B, and can let the Bank B switch to the Bank Address.

I think, you can try this function, as this method, you always need to operate the Bank A.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 件の賞賛
返信

961件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

If I try to update Bank A when I use REMAP, is it correct that only Bank A is updated? Does it change to the address of Bank B?

0 件の賞賛
返信

962件の閲覧回数
yelin
Contributor II

So, if I activate RAMAP, do I use Bank A when booting and use Bank A when updating the app?
Is it correct that I don't use Bank B?

0 件の賞賛
返信