External SDRAM access mimxrt1170-evk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External SDRAM access mimxrt1170-evk

Shehan_Janidu
Contributor III

I want to access external sdram in mimxrt1170-evk via SEMC module so I started testing it with an example code given. But I have doubt how to wirte to exact memory cell that I want in sdram.

In the given code, it writes the data to semc base address. Not in the memory addresses format given in the reference manual. Can anyone clear me this doubt and show me how to write/read and erase data from exact memory cell. I am using keil uvision 5 as the IDE. Full code is in attachments

1.png

Shehan_Janidu_0-1695195913787.png

The full code is in attachments 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well

SDRAM address is mapped to SEMC memory so it can be accessed by the device. The base address is linked to the SDRAM address and it is set on BR register.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Shehan_Janidu
Contributor III
Could you please elaborate how the implementation is done to access exact memory cell
0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Since the access to the SDRAM is done through the AXI bus it is needed to access from the device memory map. SDRAM controller makes it possible to access the SDRAM addresses.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1695320025298.png

0 Kudos