Does the RT500(2lane MIPI) support synchronized driving of two identical LCD screens(1 lane MIPI)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the RT500(2lane MIPI) support synchronized driving of two identical LCD screens(1 lane MIPI)?

Jump to solution
mintisan
Contributor II

I am using the MIMXRT595-EVK development board, which has an i.MX-RT500 chip with a 2-lane MIPI DSI output.

Currently, the requirement is to drive two 1-lane displays.

The content to be displayed should be completely synchronized and identical on both screens.

Does the RT500 chip support this setup?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hi @mintisan 

The i.MX RT500 chip does support MIPI DSI output, but it's important to note that it only has a single 2-lane MIPI DSI interface. This means that while it can drive a single 2-lane display, it cannot directly drive two 1-lane displays simultaneously.

However, you may be able to achieve your goal by using a MIPI DSI splitter or bridge chip. This would take the 2-lane output from the i.MX RT500 and split it into two 1-lane outputs. Please note that this is an assumption and the actual feasibility would depend on the specific requirements of your project and the capabilities of the splitter or bridge chip you choose.

For more information on the i.MX RT500's MIPI DSI capabilities, you can refer to the i.MX RT500 MIPI DSI Interface article on the NXP Community site.

For code examples and further technical details, you can also refer to the i.MX RT Series Software and Development Tools article.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hi @mintisan 

The i.MX RT500 chip does support MIPI DSI output, but it's important to note that it only has a single 2-lane MIPI DSI interface. This means that while it can drive a single 2-lane display, it cannot directly drive two 1-lane displays simultaneously.

However, you may be able to achieve your goal by using a MIPI DSI splitter or bridge chip. This would take the 2-lane output from the i.MX RT500 and split it into two 1-lane outputs. Please note that this is an assumption and the actual feasibility would depend on the specific requirements of your project and the capabilities of the splitter or bridge chip you choose.

For more information on the i.MX RT500's MIPI DSI capabilities, you can refer to the i.MX RT500 MIPI DSI Interface article on the NXP Community site.

For code examples and further technical details, you can also refer to the i.MX RT Series Software and Development Tools article.

mintisan
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

But I can't access https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-RT500-MIPI-DSI-Interface/ta-p/1105464...

How can I access URL above? Thanks...

```

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

```

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mintisan 

Giraffe is an AI robot. We don't know who manipulate it. So you know the link it gave is nonsense.

But it's true RT500 can't support your idea. You can refer to AN13573 and AN12940.

Regards,

Jing

mintisan
Contributor II
Thanks for your reply.
I'll go back and look at the reference document you provided.
0 Kudos