Did you mean: 

Can't write to FLEXSPI on project evkmimxrt1170_mcuboot_opensource

Jump to solution
kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Hi,

I was trying the OTA function for rt1172. However, in this line:

boot_set_remap_flag(FLASH_AREA_IMAGE_PRIMARY(0));

even though it returns kStatus_Succeess when I read it back I can't see the change at the address 0xfffe0.

It seems that it is a configuration issue, on FLEXSPI side. I did, include customLUT and linkerscripts, but problem still stays.

Appreciate any help possible

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Sorry for very late response.

I found the solution and here is what you need to do, very shortly:

-Use the github link I gave below and get required files. You need to enable SOC_REMAP_ENABLE. So you basically need to boot_remap_go function functional, since the example evkmimxrt1170_mcuboot_opensource doesn't include those files.
https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/sbl

-Once you have compiled the code successfully with no errors, you need to modify flexspi functions that are used on evkmimxrt1170_mcuboot_opensource example, because they are simply don't work (atleast for me). Import sdk flexspi example of your choose and copy the functions that are used on that example and include them into your mcuboot_opensource project.

And after that your sbl will work like a charm!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kayakaantuna ,

Actually I didn't find the line of "boot_set_remap_flag(FLASH_AREA_IMAGE_PRIMARY(0));" in the project of evkmimxrt1170_mcuboot_opensource, is it from some custom code? Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kayakaantuna
Contributor III

Sorry for very late response.

I found the solution and here is what you need to do, very shortly:

-Use the github link I gave below and get required files. You need to enable SOC_REMAP_ENABLE. So you basically need to boot_remap_go function functional, since the example evkmimxrt1170_mcuboot_opensource doesn't include those files.
https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/sbl

-Once you have compiled the code successfully with no errors, you need to modify flexspi functions that are used on evkmimxrt1170_mcuboot_opensource example, because they are simply don't work (atleast for me). Import sdk flexspi example of your choose and copy the functions that are used on that example and include them into your mcuboot_opensource project.

And after that your sbl will work like a charm!

0 Kudos