0 available SWD Devices detected MIMXRT1020 EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 available SWD Devices detected MIMXRT1020 EVK

ikuzmych
Contributor II

Trying to debug program on the RT1020 eval board and am constantly getting an error. When running the GUI flash tool initially I get this message:

ikuzmych_0-1677459473348.png

after I press OK, I immediately after receive this error:

ikuzmych_1-1677459497204.png

I have the board hooked up through the USB - Micro usb cable, as I have done countless times before and it was working fine, now I am unable to utilize the debugger or even the flash tool. How can I go about fixing this? My computer detects the board when I open up the available drives/connected devices, but MCUX seems to not

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

chaipraponpoj
Contributor I
0 Kudos

expertsleepers
Contributor III

I'm having the same problem with the MIMXRT1060-EVKB, and had a similar thing with the MIMXRT1040-EVK. People keep posting the Boot Utility thing as a way to recover, but nobody as far as I'm aware has posted how to stop this from happening in the first place. It seems NXP have a serious issue with their EVK boards being exceptionally easy to break, just by running the SDK projects. It's really putting me off using NXP products at all.

0 Kudos

ikuzmych
Contributor II

I switched to a JTAG debugger and it resolved my problem. However I was not able to fix the LinkServer debugger

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ikuzmych 

This error message shows when the debugger can't access the mcu, I recommend you to check this two links to try to fix it.

Using MCUBootUtility

Regaining Debug Access

Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

cowles
Contributor I

I have exactly the same problem. Any fix?

0 Kudos

ikuzmych
Contributor II
I switched to a JTAG debugger and did the J-link debugger through MCUX
0 Kudos