wire ack rt1040evk

sandeepc
Contributor IV

Hi, community

IDE info:

MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.0 [Build 1165] [2023-07-26]

SDK version: 2.14.0

board:

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/development-boards-and-designs/i-mx-evaluation-and-developm...

We recently purchased imxrt1040Evk its going to the wireack fault.

Test1: Importing Example

Just importing the hello word example from SDK after dumping code to the ECU code will starts running, but when i tried to dump again same program or different example program its going to Wireack fault.

Test2:By creating new project just to print hello world using PRINTF during this time going to the Wireack fault.

Currently by using MCUxpresso Secure provision tool to overcome this in this link suggested 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT-board-recovery-for-debugger-connect-issues/ta...

But every time wireack is occurring, how to overcome this permanently?

just i connected only USB J1 to dump to code and verify the print statements.

Regards,

Sandeep C

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sandeepc ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series!

As mentioned in your referenced Knowledge Base article, this error occurs because when the flash memory contains an abnormal application (access memory not present, corrupted memory, incorrectly configured clock, etc.) it will cause the board to end up in an unknown state, and then the debugger will not be able to control the core. By clearing the flash memory in SDP mode, it allows the MCU to return to the correct location.

During your testing, the simplest HelloWorld project is used, but this fault occurs every time except the first debug. Is this a situation that could be considered a debugger problem? Suggest you use an external debugger or update/replace the firmware of the on-board debugger and try again next time after erasing the flash memory.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 Kudos