cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uuu.xen is it still usefull?

Ahelion
Contributor IV

Hello all,

I want to flash the latest linux 6 kernel, on my imx8qm board.

The file uuu.auto-imx8qmmek is working, the linux is flashed to emmc, but how can I use the uuu.xen? there is no information on how to use, and inside of it there are references to "_flash" things that the zip package with the images does not contain.

Can somebody explain it to me? or send a working reference script?

Br,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this script should be useful, if you uses the nxp prebuilt images,  it seems the package doesn't include all of images for XEN, the "_flash" in the script stands for uboot image, you can use "imx-boot-imx8qmmek-sd.bin-flash" to replace it, but you still need to use "fsl-imx8qm-mek-dom0.dtb", so you need built your own images according to the yocto user guide

0 Kudos

Ahelion
Contributor IV
Hello, the script is not documented in the readme, explaining where what to replace the _flash.bin thing. Also the yocto doc: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf
does not contain anything related to XEN.
Can you be more specific please? provide me with a read made uuu.xen?
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the script is just for reference, if you need to use it, replace "_flash.bin" by "imx-boot-imx8qmmek-sd.bin-flash", I haven't built imx8qm on my work station now, you can build the imx8qm board according to the yocto user guide, after finish building, you can check if your bsp has XEN or not, you should find "fsl-imx8qm-mek-dom0.dtb" there, add this in the script too, another option is building standalone xen package, this example is for 4.9 change it according to your own bsp version

−Env:

• export SDKTARGETSYSROOT=/opt/fsl-imx-internal-xwayland/4.9-rocko/sysroots/aarch64-poky-linux
  • export PATH=$PATH:/opt/fsl-imx-internal-xwayland/4.9-rocko/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/aarch64-poky-linux/
  • export CC="aarch64-poky-linux-gcc  --sysroot=$SDKTARGETSYSROOT"
  • export ARCH=arm64
  • export CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-poky-linux-

−Linux Kernel

• make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-poky-linux- defconfig(Linux)/android_car_defconfig(Android)
  • Dom0/DomU Linux share one kernel image; Dom0 Linux/ DomU android use different Kernel image
  • make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-poky-linux- -j4

−U-Boot

• make CC="$CC" imx8qm_mek_defconfig; make CC="$CC"

−ATF

• make PLAT=imx8qm bl31

−Scfw

• make qm B=mek

−imx-mkimage

• Copy bl31.bin from ATF; copy u-boot.bin from U-Boot; copy scfw_tcm.bin from scfw; to i.MX8QM. make SOC=iMX8QM clean; make SOC=iMX8QM flash

−XEN

• cd xen; make ARCH=arm64 XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm64 defconfig; make ARCH=arm64 XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm64 menuconfig; select CONFIG_DEBUG; cd -;
  • make dist-xen ARCH=arm64 XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm64 CONFIG_DEBUG=y CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=imx8qm CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-poky-linux-

0 Kudos

Ahelion
Contributor IV
i already tried the 4.9 things, they do not work. nothing bellow 5.15 seems to work, that is why I am using 6.1.22 or 6.1.55. Can you provide for these versions the commands?
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked the xen source code, it seems that this doesn't new bsp anymore, 

https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-xen/tree/lf-5.10.y_2.0.0

but we released demo images for 4.14.98, maybe you can test that

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP Semiconductors

this is demo images

L_VIRT_4.11_0.10_ga_MX8QM (nxp.com)

this is user guide, you can follow that

i.MX Virtualization User's Guide (nxp.com)

0 Kudos