Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to include the modified init.rc file while building in kitkat 4.4.3

Jump to solution
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi all,

My android source code built successfully and i am able to connect  to an AP with my wifi module through terminal.I have to do with GUI.When i am turning on the wifi on screen supplicant is not running.I made changes in init.rc file in out/target/product/evk6sl/root/init.rc but it was not including the changes that i did in that file.Please share if any one knows how to run the supplicant through GUI automatically. Waiting for positive and fast reply.Please help me in getting out of this.

Thank you,

Mutyala Rao.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please do not edit the init.rc in out/target/product/evk_6sl. It will be refresh when compile and it will be in vain.

Please edit the init.rc in device/fsl/evk_6sl/.

Then "mm bootimage -B".

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

init.rc is in boot.img. So I think you can delete all of the boot*.img and ramdisk* in out folder. Then use " mm bootimage -B" command to build the boot image again.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi ,

i deleted only boot.img.we have to delete all .img files in out folder?

0 Kudos
haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Delete all of *.img is not necessary. In fact "mm bootimage -B" will always rebuild the boot.img. So you can simply use "mm bootimage -B".

Besides make sure you are editing the correct init.rc as we have some board specific folder in device/fsl.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Can you please let me know which init.rc is to be modified.. the one in out/target/product/evk_6sl/root/ or the one in device/fsl/evk_6sl?

0 Kudos
haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please do not edit the init.rc in out/target/product/evk_6sl. It will be refresh when compile and it will be in vain.

Please edit the init.rc in device/fsl/evk_6sl/.

Then "mm bootimage -B".

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi haoran,

Thanks for the reply.Now iam able to run the supplicant through GUI but scan results were not populating on GUI and te another thing was I am not able to turn off the wifi on screen.Can you please tell me what is happening?

Thanks,

Mutyala rao.

0 Kudos
haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Glad to see progress were made.I suggest to mark this topic as "Answered". And post your logcat with the wifi scanning issue to a new topic.

Then more experts will see your issue and help to solve the issue.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Rao,

What error message you are getting?

Can you share logcat detail?

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the reply.I am very new to android and i think i am doing well with your help.

I added a few changes in the init.rc wherein I try to start the supplicant. The following are the changes:

service wpa_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant -iwifi0 -Dnl80211 -c \

/system/bin/release/sta_settings.conf -dd

class main

socket wpa_wifi0 dgram 0660 wifi wifi

group wifi system

disabled

oneshot

I do this change in the file init.rc present in the path /myandroid/out/target/product/evk_6sl/root/

I then do a make snod, make. I even tried make bootimage. Having done this, I flashed the images on the SD memory card. After having booted with the sd card, I then check the init.rc file. The init.rc doesn't have the changes that I made. Firstly, how do I ensure that the changes I made in init.rc are actually reflected in the final bootimage.

I will send across the logcat output as well. Another issue is I get the option to turn on wifi from Android->Settings. I am unable to turn off WiFi at all. Is there something to do with my driver or where can I find control to turn off Wifi?

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

What hardware you are using? And what build command is used?

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourabh,

I am using imx6 solo lite evk board with built command make bootimg.

For full built i am using

1) source build/envsetup.sh

2) lunch evk_6sl-user                         3) make  2>&1 | tee build_evk_6sl_android.log

Thank you,

Mutyala Rao.

0 Kudos