Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ubuntu won't start in Imx6q sdb board on hdmi monitor

Jump to solution
brinihamdi
Contributor II

hi

i have installed successfully ubuntu on the sdcard using mfgtool but i can't display ubuntu on my monitor hdmi because i don't have an LVDS

any solution for my problem please ?

i followed this tutorial in the attached file

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brini,

Did you set the booting arguments to boot to HDMI?.  I'm attaching the linux user guide which has the necessary information to boot from HDMI. Chapter 7 shows the different configuration for HDMI.

Most probably this is the one you'll need:

setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 ip=none'

Let me know if it works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brini,

Did you set the booting arguments to boot to HDMI?.  I'm attaching the linux user guide which has the necessary information to boot from HDMI. Chapter 7 shows the different configuration for HDMI.

Most probably this is the one you'll need:

setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 ip=none'

Let me know if it works.

0 Kudos
yuriychernyshov
Contributor I

Hi.

I have face the same problem also.

I use

SABRE for Automotive Infotainment Based on the i.MX 6 Series

What I do need is use it with HDMI video out put, but when I connect monitor via HDMI to the board I have no video signal, I read somewhere that it is a matter of the Boot Configuration DIP Switches panel, but there is no information about how to configure them.

Does anyone know how manage this issue?

0 Kudos
brinihamdi
Contributor II

hi Yuriy

i succesfully installed ubuntu on the imx6 board  and before using mfgtool and downloading the image to the baod make sure that the dip swiches sw6 is set to 0000000 correspond to download mode after that while the downloading is finished reboot the with sdcard and with telnet software like Tera Term try to set bootarguments

0 Kudos
brinihamdi
Contributor II

i have used Tera team while sending data to mfgtool and everything is ok but i can't understand when we put argument setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 ip=none'

0 Kudos
brinihamdi
Contributor II

Thanks  for helping i appreciate that . i didn't set the booting arguments because i can't see arguments when the ubuntu boot after that i configurated the micro sd card the monitor stay blinking  . im using a hdmi adapter to a full hd lcd samsung monitor . is there any problem if i used a micro sd with it adapter instead of sd card in the imx6q board ?

0 Kudos