cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble getting the rpmsg char driver to load on imx7ulp

Jonny_T
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm wanting to try the rpmsg char driver to give us more flexibility and allow control in user space over the endpoints but i'm struggling to get the driver to load or even appear in the kernel image built in bitbake. I've set it in the kernel config by setting;

"CONFIG_RPMSG_CHAR=y" 

but that didn't work as i can't see the contol file in dev/ and can't see it in the modules list, 

setting this config;

"CONFIG_RPMSG_VIRTIO_CHAR=y"

also didn't seem to change anything. 

i have the following set; 

"CONFIG_RPMSG_VIRTIO=y
CONFIG_HAVE_IMX_RPMSG=y
CONFIG_RPMSG=y"

and was able to get the tty rpmsg driver to work but can't seem to get the char driver to even load.

Is there something else i'm suppose to do? Sorry i'm still learning the embedded linux side and so still new to this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonny_T
Contributor II

Thanks for the offer of a service request for a patch I guess but I think I have managed to get this working, 

I updated the kernel to the latest BSP release from NXP, 5.10.52 and used the menuconfig to create a .ctg file containing;

CONFIG_RPMSG_CHAR=y 
CONFIG_RPMSG_CTRL=y

and that seems to of worked in creating the required "rpmsg_ctrl0" dev file. Just needs testing to see if this will work with the rest of my system.

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You'll needa patch to enable this feature, please create a service request so I can share with you the patch.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Qonverge/How-I-could-create-a-Service-Request/m-p/481342

Also, please make a mention to me so I can be assigned to it.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos