streaming audio using gst-launch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

streaming audio using gst-launch

hr1z
Contributor I

I currently have a i.MX53 evaluation board. I can build gstreamer pipelines (using gst-launch) to send audio over the network to a remote machine. This works fine, but no matter what kind of combination I use (whether using freescale libraries or not) I cannot hear incoming network streams. I can play files locally no problem so it is not anything to do with the audio path.

Can someone post a sample of a working inbound network stream?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

Kirill
Contributor I

thanks for replies!

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look for this "MX53_QSB_UBUNTU_SD_DEMO_IMAGE" here:http://www.freescale.com/imxquickstart

cai cx said:

Hi Randy

I just can find L2.6.35_MX53_ER_1109_IMAGE or UBUNTU_RFS_DEMOIMG_1101 for QSB, but can't find "11.09 Ubuntu image" that you mentions, could you give me a website link?

thanks.

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh, then you probably need to use the package manager to install gstreamer, at least that's what it sounds like to me.

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

No, I am compiling for my host Ubuntu (x86)

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you building with ltib?

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

thanks for reply! I already find that package, but on my Ubuntu 10.04 I faced some problems

"configure: Package gstreamer-0.10 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.10.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gstreamer-0.10' found
configure: error: no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.10.1 (GStreamer) found"

And dont know how to resolve it

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks like they are both in gstreamer-plugins-good:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

Hello!

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "rtppcmudepay", which package owns it? 

The same with WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "rtpL16pay"

0 Kudos

caicx
Contributor I

Hi Randy

I just can find L2.6.35_MX53_ER_1109_IMAGE or UBUNTU_RFS_DEMOIMG_1101 for QSB, but can't find "11.09 Ubuntu image" that you mentions, could you give me a website link?

thanks.

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I got it resolved, I got a 11.09 Ubuntu image that had it already fixed and used it.

Using ltib, there's some gstreamer patches that need removed, remove all patches but these two in gst-plugins-base.spec :

Patch1 : %{name}-0.10.12-relink.patch
Patch2 : %{name}-rawvideo.patch

Or use this procedure to update a standard Ubuntu image with the fix, I did this, but it didn't fix it for me, there's probably a step is missing - I'll get back to it at some point I hope:

1. apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
  2. apt-get update
  3. apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-base gstreamer0.10-plugins-good gstreamer0.10-alsa

Oh, and here's my test server/client - you can change the ip address to stream across a network:

Server:

gst-launch -v audiotestsrc  ! audioconvert ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=1234 auto-multicast=true port=1234

Client:

gst-launch -v udpsrc multicast-group=127.0.0.1 port=1234 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)audio, channels=(int)1, clock-rate=(int)44100, encoding-name=(string)L16" ! gstrtpbin ! rtpL16depay ! audioconvert ! queue ! autoaudiosink

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Same for me. works fine between 2 VMs, with QSB as a Tx (VM as Rx) and vice versa.

I am using the latest 1109 + patches from January on START-R

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did this ever get resolved? Can you post a solution? We're having a similar issue with streaming. Works fine on a VM, but not on the QSB...

0 Kudos

hr1z
Contributor I

This is the pipeline example that I used:

On the MX53QSB: (Tx audio stream)

gst-launch alsasrc  ! mulawenc ! rtppcmupay ! queue ! udpsink host=$HOST_IP port=$HOST_PORT -v

On the HOST PC:(Rx audio stream)

gst-launch udpsrc port=$HOST_PORT caps="application/x-rtp, media=audio, clock-rate=8000, encoding-name=PCMU, payload=0, ssrc=1253488865, clock-base=3079727525, seqnum-base=32302" ! queue ! rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! audioconvert ! alsasink -v

The above example works fine (only from MX53 to PC).

I've tried same pipeline, changing and adding different pipeline parameters, but same result.

Any ideas?

Regads,

Haysam

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the Gstreamer pipeline you use on the PC to receive the audio stream?

Can´t the same pipeline be used on the MX53QSB?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

hr1z
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply Fabio.

Yes receiving audio stream from the PC works fine.

Receiving audio stream on the MX53 does not work. I've tried many pipeline scenarios. I believe there's is something broken (not hardware) on the audio input stream on the MX53. Do you have an example gst-launch pipeline that works?

Regards

Haysam

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you please try to receive the stream on a PC?

I would suggest you to try receiving the audio stream from a PC first; After that you can use the same pipeline on the MX53.

If you find issues also on the PC, please post this question on the gstreamer-devel mailing list, so that someone can assist you.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

hr1z
Contributor I

Anybody been able to receive audio streams from a udp source and play with alsa using gst-launch?

I've tried many ways but nothing...

I suspect the gstreamer provided by freescale is broken.

0 Kudos