cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run and debug modified iMX8QX SCFW and M4 SDK

josehdz
Contributor I

Hi.

I need to run and debug modified iMX8QX SCFW and M4 SDK in a proprietary board, Getting Started with MCUXpresso
SDK for MEK-MIMX8QX document only contains instructions about making a bootable SD card but my board only supports serial download ( UUU ). How can Run M4 SDK using IAR to debug with UUU?

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

uuu is for downloading image to the board, do you mean you need to download m4 image to board by uuu??

0 Kudos

josehdz
Contributor I

Hi.

yes, but I also need to debug M4 code using IAR.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you refer to the document named "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK i.MX 8M Devices.pdf"? normally, we use uuu to download linux or android image to board, if you need to debug SDK, you can refer the tools as below:

The MCUXpresso SDK was compiled and tested with these development tools:
• IAR Embedded Workbench for Arm version 8.32.1
• MDK-Arm Microcontroller Development Kit (Keil)® 5.26
• Makefiles support with GCC revision 7-2018-q2-update from Arm Embedded
• MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.0

0 Kudos

josehdz
Contributor I

Yes, I'm using that document you mentioned above.

I created 2 bin files :

make SOC=iMX8QX R=B0 flash_cm4_xip

make SOC=iMX8QX R=B0 flash_flexspi

copied this to UUU folder and executed :

uuu -b qspi flash_uboot.bin flash.bin

I got the following :

imx8qx_page.png

Then changed the switches to boot from QSPI and cycled power on the board. but nothing happened.

I'm attaching the files I used.

I'm working on iMX8QXP-MEK

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls check the steps as below:

using make "SOC=iMX8QX flash_cm4_xip" or "make SOC=iMX8QX flash_linux_m4_xip" to generate the desired flash.bin.

(The first one is to generate a flash.bin which only contains the M4 XIP image,

the second one is to generate a flash.bin which contains both M4 XIP and U-Boot.)

after uuu -b qspi flash_uboot.bin flash.bin, power off the board, change the boot mode to QSPI[0110], and power on the board again.

If using "make SOC=iMX8QX flash_cm4_xip" in step 3, one UART console will display M4 demo output.

if using "make SOC=iMX8QX flash_linux_m4_xip", you will need mx8qm-ahab-container.img, scfw_tcm.bin, u-boot-spl.bin, u-boot.bin, m4_image.bin, b31.bin under imx-mkimage/iMX8QX.

0 Kudos