cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rs485 in imx53 board

agamarramu
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

I see this issue is quite old but we are still having some problems. In your answer, you say that "Additional software is needed to check when all data bits are really sent to line." Can you explain how to do it?

I have seen there is a bit called TXFE (Transmit Buffer FIFO empty) inside the UART Status Register 2 (UARTx_USR2) that could help us but I don't know how to read that register in the app level (over the linux kernel)

For us, the solution of adding a RS232/RS485 converter is not possible because of the hardware.

Regards

Alvaro

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Generally TXDC (Transmitter Complete) bit of UARTx_USR2 register can be used.

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

agamarramu
Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the answer but it's a bit incomplete, maybe my message wasn't clear. I need to know how to read that bit from the application level. We are using a linux kernel and we don't know how to access those bits. Can you explain how to do that, please?

0 Kudos