cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optee Hangs at IMSG, DMSG and EMSG logs

CrazyDeveloper
Contributor III

Hi Community!

I have just started working on optee and found out that whenever logs like EMSG; IMSG and DMSG comes in my application, my system gots hanged and gives the following error

rcu: INFO: rcu_preempt detected stalls on CP/1/0x4000000000000000 softirq=11458/11459 fqs=1051

When I removed such logs from the Trusted application (TA), my optee examples work fine. Does Anyone have any idea how to resolve this error?

Here are the different things that I tried to resolve this error

1. I have already played with CFG_TEE_TA_LOG_LEVEL and CFG_TEE_CORE_LOG_LEVEL. I have tried different log levels but it didn't work.
  2. After that, I have also tried to change the debug UART of optee but it still hangs.
  3. I also increased the rcu_preempt time but it didn't work too
  4. I also tried to read code where it was mentioned that if optee core log level is less than some minimum level, these EMSG, IMSG and DMSG won't take effect. I did it too but it still hanged. One more interesting thing that I noticed that these EMSG, DMSG and IMSG logs are also used in optee uart driver even when UART are not initialized. Where these logs dump the data. Any idea about this? If I am percieving it wrong please let me know!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CrazyDeveloper
Contributor III
Hi !
Maybe I can't explain the problem carefully. The threads that you mention explains how to build TA with optee. My tee is already working and I have also run self tests. But whenever such EMSG, DMSG and IMSG logs come in the app, my cpu gives rec_preepmt stalls errors. I can't comment all logs in TA example applications. I want some solution to manage logs in Optee TA
0 Kudos