cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mipi csi2 ov5648 camera

rotembernstein
Contributor I

Hello smart guys,

I'm implementing a driver for mipi 0v5648 camera based on the ov5640_mipi which given in Freescale's BSP.

I have read several threads here, but I am not sure whether one of them can assist with the issue I have.

outlining:

imx6 dual

KERNEL 3.10.31

The i2c initialization is working fine.

MIPI_CSI_ERR1 returns 0x0.

MIPI_CSI_ERR2 returns 0x0.

MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE jumps from 0x200 to 0x230. which indicates that the clock lane doesn't get a DDR clock.

I probed the pixel clock by a osciloscope and I saw that the CLKP seems to work fine, but the CLKN is 0v all the way.

Data lanes seem to work properly, DATAP and DATAN.

Does anyone think he knows what can cause the difference between CLKP and CLKN? or what more can be tested?

Thanks.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

chrisroed
Contributor IV

Hi there...  I'm also trying to get an ov5648 camera running on the imx6.  Is there any chance you'd be willing to share you driver code?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following points can be considered as the possible causes of the issue.

1. Wrong camera module configuration (e.g. the clock is configured as single-ended signal instead of the differential one). Check with the camera documentation.

2. Wrong IOMUX configuration on the i.MX6 side. Check in the i.MX6 software.

3. Board-level issues (e.g. short-circuit of the CLKN signal to ground). Check it as well.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello rotembernstein 

I have ported ov5645 to android4.2.2 ( linux 3.0.35 kernel), see the link:

Porting ov5645 to android jb4.2.2

Maybe it can help you extend some considerations for your project.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos