mfgtool reference image source

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool reference image source

jtheath
Contributor II

Bringing up a new board based on the i.MX7D SABRE SD design.  Using MfgTool V2 reference images I can load u-boot-imx7d19x19lpddr2arm2_sd.imx, zImage and zImage-imx7d-19x19-lpddr2-arm2.dtb.  The board resets and comes up running the kernel but no MMC devices appear in /dev so the process get stuck waiting for /dev/mmcblk0 to go ready.

I have the u-boot-fslc and nxp-linux trees yet cannot find the config files for these 19x19lpddr2 builds.

Where do these configs live?

Thank you,   Joe

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jtheath
Contributor II

Hello Weidong,

Thank you.  We're using eMMC 5.0.  I believe we have a mismatch between our hardware and the reference binaries I loaded for initial evaluation.  The mx7d lpddr2 image down in Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/firmware restricts itself to using SDHC1 for MMC control.  Our design follows the i.MX7D SABRE SD model and uses SDHC3.  Of note, the only place I was able to find the config and board files for the reference images was in Toradex's repository.  Which NXP/Freescale repositories contain this code?

This morning I built an updated mx7dsabresd u-boot image with lpddr2 timing in place (imximage.cfg) using the u-boot-fslc git repository.  MfgTool absolutely refuses to open the module (first get "unable to open, error 2 " followed by ucl error 4).  Went back to the "Manufacturing Tool V2 (MFGTool2) Linux or Android Firmware Development Guide" document.  It refers to another document, "BSP User Guide, cahpter Build Manufacturing Firmware", which I have not been able to locate.

Where can one find a working example of MfgTool-compatible u-boot build?  Ideally for me would be a working mx7sdabresd u-boot build.

Thank you,   Joe

0 Kudos

jtheath
Contributor II

OK, looks like I found the relevant dts files down in linux/arch/arm/boot/dts as expected.  Uncertain how I missed them first time through.

Still looking for u-boot side of things.

Best,   Joe

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joseph,

Is the eMMC Flash on your i.MX7D board eMMC5.0 or 5.1 ?

Porbably you need to adjust mmc.c file!  see the link, please!

EMMC 5.0 and EMMC 5.1 work on i.MX6 

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos