cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boot IMX6 from NOR Flash

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working on IMX6 based target board  and as per the below link https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95458 , imxopt  in u-boot can be used to flash the eFuses to select the boot device .  But , In my target board , I have the NOR flash in it  and u-boot is supposed to be there in the NOR flash. So how processor get boot from NOR Flash , it must be having the right eFuse settings to get boot from NOR flash. I cannot use imxopt , as uboot is in the NOR Flash itself.  Please advice.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya,

Have you already burned the eFuses? You could test the NOR boot overriding the eFuses with the external GPIOs boot switches (of the Demo board), like the explanation of section 4.5 “How to boot the i.MX boards” of the “i.MX Linux® User's Guide” document included on L4.1.15_2.0.0_LINUX_DOCS package (attached).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos