Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method to convert 16bits generic data(IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC_16) to RGB Format

Jump to solution
ayyappadasps
Contributor II

hi all,

I am using ov2710 parallel camera and pixel format  used is IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC_16 .

I am able to capture an image,but it NOT coming in RGB format.

could please help me to find a way to convert generic 16 pixel format to rgb pixel format

Labels (3)
1 Solution
navinars
Contributor III

Hi,

You can convert it online using the website rawpixels.net. 

I looked through the product info for OV2710 and saw that it supports only 8/10 bit raw data format. You will have to configure which stream the camera outputs by tweaking the camera registers. Assuming you are capturing 10-bit data, I think the format you should use for capturing is 0x30314742  (BG10)  GitHub - avafinger/cap-v4l2: capture frames from CMOS camera ov5640 / ov8865 using V4l2 and OpenCV. The pixel format should be V4L2_PIX_FMT_SBGGR10.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ayyappadasps
Contributor II

hi  igorpadykov;

Thnx for your valuable replay.

Is there any external software tool to convert RAW image to RGB image format

0 Kudos
navinars
Contributor III

Hi,

You can convert it online using the website rawpixels.net. 

I looked through the product info for OV2710 and saw that it supports only 8/10 bit raw data format. You will have to configure which stream the camera outputs by tweaking the camera registers. Assuming you are capturing 10-bit data, I think the format you should use for capturing is 0x30314742  (BG10)  GitHub - avafinger/cap-v4l2: capture frames from CMOS camera ov5640 / ov8865 using V4l2 and OpenCV. The pixel format should be V4L2_PIX_FMT_SBGGR10.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ayyappadas 

unfortunately ipu does not support convertion generic/raw format to rgb as answered on

https://community.nxp.com/message/309833#309833

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------