lftp cross compile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lftp cross compile

dskim2
Contributor III

I have an imx8m plus demo board, but there is no lfpt on the demo board.

so I'm trying to get it.
Can someone tell me how can I get lfpt for imx8mp plus or how to compile the lfpt source?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi @dskim2,

There are a number of ways to get this application on your board. Judging by your question are you using the Linux image that came with the demo board? Also, what are your plans for the board, i.e general evaluation or a base for a bigger project? That will decide the amount of work you may need to do to get the lftp server on it..      

0 Kudos

dskim2
Contributor III

I am using the Linux image that came with the demo board and using the demo board to check functionality before carrying out a project.

0 Kudos

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Understood. Well there's two ways to attack this and both aren't simple. 

1) Using the image that comes with the board, find an appropriate cross-compiler then download the lftp source code and cross compile it and put it on your board. 

lftp is available as part of the Yocto project https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/191917/ and there is a link inside that to the actual code repo. You'd need to match the lftp version to suit your board. 

The cross compiler can be found in a few places, I use Yocto and that offers the extraction of an SDK which contains the compilers and lots of other dependencies matched to the image I'm working on. The challenge might be matching one to your board if you need to compile against source and libraries etc.

Once you have both is a matter of cross compiling lftp and getting on your board....

* If you are actually just trying to get some files on the board for eval purposes (thinking ftp was the way to go) you could use scp (like ssh but sends a file) or mount a USB stick with your files on it.

2) This option is to build a complete image yourself from scratch and put that on your board. Chances are you will have to do this eventually anyway. If you choose the Yocto build system you can simply include lftp in your local.conf and build the image; Yocto does the rest, pulls in all the source files, builds everything you need to run a board compatible image (you may have to include the .bb file in the link above). 

Once the image is built pop it on a SD card or use UUU for downloading onto the actual board. Going down this route you have full control of the build and you can also extract the SDK for future out-of-tree builds if required. Set it up before leaving the office and let it build over night.

Document how to do it all:   https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf 

Hope it helps..  

0 Kudos

dskim2
Contributor III

I add IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " lftp" to /conf/local.conf file and build yocto.

lftp is worked well.

0 Kudos