imx8mmini sd/mmc manufacture mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mmini sd/mmc manufacture mode

dkomljenovic250
Contributor I

Hello, i have a weird situation with the sd/mmc card recovery mode on my custom imx8mmini board.

When i don't burn the efuses for boot selection, it boots normally from the sdcard.

When i burn the fuses (to nand + bt_fuse_sel) it normally starts from nand

When i try to press the boot mode pin so that BOOT_MODE[1:0]=01b it's directly skipping the sdmmc card to usb downloader mode. This behaves the same, before and after burning the fuses. I am able to transfer a image via the uuu tool, so I am sure that it is in the usb dowload mode.

The Disable SDMMC Manufacture mode bit is set to 0 (didn't touch that one)

And while looking the graph i thought it should behave the same if it is boot_mode=0 + bt_fuse_sel=0 or when puting the boot_mode to 1

pastedImage_373.png

Do I maybe need to fuse something else? modify my u-boot spl code? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Darko

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

dkomljenovic250
Contributor I

BT_FUSE_SEL is fused to 1

BOOT_MODE should be 1 when i press my button

My expecation is, when i press the BOOT_MODE to 1, that it behaves the same as when the BOOT_MODE = 0 + BT_FUSE_SEL = 0 but it doesn,t it jumps directly to usb download

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the Reference Manual (Table below of the Boot Mode and the boot sequence), it jumps to usb download when Boot Mode is 1.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

dkomljenovic250
Contributor I

But bellow figure 6-2 this there is this comment:

pastedImage_1.png

And the card is inserted on my place, as before the fusing it was going to sdcard boot...

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the 6.1.11, when the internal boot and recover boot (if enabled) failed , the boot goes to the
SD/MMC manufacture mode before the serial download mode.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What is the value of BT_FUSE_SEL?

What is the value of BOOT_MODE?

What is your expectation?

0 Kudos