cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mmevk Yocto build fail: no kernel provider

Jump to solution
vincentz63
Contributor IV

I am trying to build imx-yocto-L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga following the instructions in "i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf".

My host machine runs Ubuntu 16.04.

The build configuration is as follows:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b output_imx8mmevk

bitbake fails reporting there is no kernel provider for the machine.

I have copied the output from bitbake below.

I get the same result with both imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga.xml and imx-4.14.98-2.0.1_patch.xml.

I went through these exact steps two months ago approx without any problem.

bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx
Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################| Time: 0:01:00
Parsing of 2563 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2563 parsed). 3484 targets, 224 skipped, 8 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/kernel'
linux-toradex PROVIDES virtual/kernel but was skipped: incompatible with machine imx8mmevk (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)
linux-imx PROVIDES virtual/kernel but was skipped: incompatible with machine imx8mmevk (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)
linux-fslc-imx PROVIDES virtual/kernel but was skipped: incompatible with machine imx8mmevk (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)
linux-yocto-tiny PROVIDES virtual/kernel but was skipped: incompatible with machine imx8mmevk (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)
ERROR: Required build target 'fsl-image-validation-imx' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['fsl-image-validation-imx', 'virtual/kernel']

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vincentz63
Contributor IV

Apologies, mea culpa. This error was entirely my fault, the case can be closed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vincentz63
Contributor IV

Apologies, mea culpa. This error was entirely my fault, the case can be closed.

0 Kudos
rass92
Contributor I

Can you explain what was your error, what exactly did you do wrong?

I am facing a similar error when I try to build the image with yocto of the board MBLS1028A-IND.

0 Kudos