cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mm csi2 Lost Frame Start Error events

Keynes
Contributor I

Hi,

imx8mm to connect with radar sensor through csi2,Radar output Bayer type data,I can receive the data, The data in the first frame is incomplete, and the other data is completely correct from the second frame, but CSI2 will prompt: Lost Frame Start Error events,

Keynes_0-1640074362257.png

After the radar is powered on, it starts to transmit data through CSI2, imx8mm cannot determine whether it is receiving from the beginning of a frame.I think it is normal to prompt this error once, but the above picture prompts 243 times。

In order to ensure that the first frame of data received is also correct, my method is to start receiving data after detecting the start of the frame., I modified mx6s_capture.c as follows:

1、enable Start Of Frame Interrupt,set SOF_INTEN bit,then disable DMA_REQ_EN_RFF interrupt.
RFF

2、In the Start Of Frame Interrupt processing function,clear the FIFO enable DMA_REQ_EN_RFF,Start receiving

In function  mx6s_capture.c -> mx6s_csi_irq_handler

Keynes_1-1640075688900.png

But the error has not changed, the first frame of receipt is still incorrect.

I need your help. One is how to solve this error, and the other is whether this method can achieve the first frame of data is complete

The attachment is the source code of my program。

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

SJZ
Contributor I

We see similar issues with our 1080p30 camera.
We were told that Vsync is the CSI host VVALID signal that is triggered by a MIPI frame short start packet.
We can receive data, but the DMA for the first frame never completes and we get a small amount of data left in the RXFIFO.
When we send more data the DMA empties the RXFIFO.

But the frame data is misaligned. We have a few pixels from the first frame at the start of the second frame, giving an offset to the video. subsequent frame work fine so the shift is fixed in the video stream.

We have tried many settings but none fix it and some make it worse.  
Any suggestions would be appreciated...

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you tell me which version of BSP are you using?

0 Kudos

Keynes
Contributor I

The version of BSP is L5.4.3_1.0.0_MX8MM

#define MX6S_CAM_VERSION  "0.0.1"

Thank you for your reply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos