cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx7dsabresd - Add support for QSPI

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi, 
I am using imx7dsabresd board with linux version 4.14.98. I want to add QSPI support. All the hardware related changes are made as per the schematics. Could you please brief the steps i need to follow to enable QSPI in u-boot.    

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Blessy Abraham

I assume you are booting from SD Card and you want to detect QSPI from SD Card U-Boot. For this, you need to define CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_MACRONIX Macro in U-Boot defconfig.

Regards,

Shivani

0 Kudos

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi Shivani, 
I could successfully probe the QSPI, there are few more Macros that need to be added, I compared with qspi1_defconfig. Could you please share the steps for flashing u-boot to QSPI?

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Take a look to the i.MX Linux® User's Guide , section 4.7.4 Running the Linux OS image from QuadSPI.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi Aldo, 
I haven't flashed the QSPI, i just want to know whether there is any settings that i need to change to enable the QSPI, as my sf probe command is giving me this error :
=> sf probe
SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 00, 00, 00
Failed to initialize SPI flash at 0:0

0 Kudos