Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ull burned image to nand by uuu

Jump to solution
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hello,
I'm using the imx6ullevk board and L4.14.98_ga, and want to burn image to nand using uuu. I have change some parameters to ahieve uboot for nand & ubi rootfs. And as for imx6ullevk's "nand read", I set that "0x3000000 0x7000000; 0xa0000000 0xa000000". Then I used the "$ sudo ./uuu example_kernel_nand.uuu" to burn the nand. There would get stuck as shown in the attached picture1.

1.png

The files I used is as follows:
1) uboot-2018.03-r0.imx → _flash_fw.bin & _flash.bin
2) uTee-6ullevk → _tee
3) fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot (from L4.14.98 official demo) → _initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot
4) imx6ull-14x14-evk-usb-certi.dtb → _board.dtb
5) fsl-image-machine-test.rootfs.tar.bz2 → _rootfs.tar.bz2
6) zImage-imx6ull-14x14-evk.bin → _Image

And if I use the files that all of them are from demo, there would also get stuck as shown in the attached picture2.

2.png

Hope your help! Thanks !

Tags (3)
1 Solution
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

The NAND rework need to remove the QSPI(U303), C318, R324, and SHORT the R324.

Please use the patches in the attachment to compile new uboot and dtb file to try.

All the Best

Kane

View solution in original post

17 Replies
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a 3rd party doing 6ULL boards and they seem to have this running. I had a quick look at their website and the description looks quite good, maybe you can find the right hint to make it working on your side as well.

https://wiki.somlabs.com/index.php/How_to_write_image_to_VisionSOM-6ULL_NAND_memory_using_UUU_tool_o...

Regards,

Bernhard.

jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

The NAND rework need to remove the QSPI(U303), C318, R324, and SHORT the R324.

Please use the patches in the attachment to compile new uboot and dtb file to try.

All the Best

Kane

ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hi Kane,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to patch with these files and to bitbake again. It got error about do_image_sdcard. Did you get these errors? And it's werid that when I compiled the uboot & kernel standalone, It was successful. But when I did that "bitbake fsl-image-machine-test", it would fail.do_image_sdcard_error.png

How could I deal with it?

Best Regards!

Ida

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

Or you can try with MFGTool to download the BSP in the following link:

L4.9.88_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz 

The default vbs file is mfgtool2-yocto-mx-evk-nand.vbs. The BSP is L4.9.88, if you want to download the L4.14.98. You can replace the files named: u-boot-imx6ull14x14evk_nand.imx, zImagezImage-imx6ull-14x14-evk-gpmi-weim.dtb and rootfs.tar.bz2 in Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files folder.

All the Best

Kane

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

You can check the uuu download function first with standalone compiled uboot & kernel.

0 Kudos
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hi Kane,

I have tried the uboot & kernel. But the error was still that "Unknow command fastboot". The log pictrue is as follows:

4.png

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Besides, I think you should use zImage and imx6ull-14x14-evk-gpmi-weim.dtb instead of zImage-imx6ull-14x14-evk.bin and imx6ull-14x14-evk-usb-certi.dtb.

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

Please try using MFGTool with prebuilt image of 4.9.88 bsp first.

Refer to following comment.

0 Kudos
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hi Kane,

Actually, I had tried the demo image of 4.9.88 yesterday. But it still got stuck at "flash_erase: error: /dev/mtd0 (No such file or directory)". And I found that when I used the MFGtool, the HID-compliant device would change to be a removable disk G: and the process discontinued.

If I changed the dtb or other files, it would not work.

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

Strange, what's your PC Windows OS edition? And Chinese or English language? You may need to try more times.

For uuu, you had better enable fastboot configuration manually for fb protocol according to the chapter 10 "Uboot config requirement" in UUU.pdf.

Cause the mx6ull_14x14_evk_nand_defconfig file in 4.14.98-2.0.0-ga release does not include it.

All the Best

Kane

0 Kudos
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hi Kane,

My PC is win7. I tried the different dtb but it didn't work.

As for the config for uuu, I have set successful and it could boot normally. It seems that the nandflash or the mtd couldn't be found when the board got into kernel from the log. So I don't know if the configuration about MTD is forgotten.

Best Regards,

Ida

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ida,

Have you used the uboot, kernel and dtb files with the above patches applied?

Please attach full boot log here.

All the Best

Kane

0 Kudos
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hi Kane,

Sorry for reply late. The logs are attached.

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ida.jiang@wpi-group.com‌,

What I mean is 6ULL boot log (contains uboot, kernel to rootfs log), where shows nandflash or the mtd couldn't be found. Not the MFGTool download log.

0 Kudos
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hi Kane,

I got it. The log is showed when I download the image. When I change the boot mode, it doesn't work. It means that nothing has been burned.

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ida.jiang@wpi-group.com‌,

I see, the download has not been finished correctly. I thought the statement "I have set successful and it could boot normally" means you can download and boot normally.

Anyway, have you do the rework below?

remove the QSPI(U303), C318, R324, and SHORT the R324.

0 Kudos
jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Besides, If you use uuu to download, please compile the L4.14.98-2.0.0 uboot and kernel standalone with the patches(have enabled fastboot in uboot configuration) above, then rename the uboot, kernel and dtb file mentioned in example_kernel_nand.uuu.

0 Kudos