imx6sx ; How does Linux change the BCLK frequency ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6sx ; How does Linux change the BCLK frequency ?

bap3ball
Contributor III

I am setting the BCLK to continuous mode in u-boot, and setting the EIM_SLOW_PODF bits in CSCMR1 to get a 66Mhz external BCLK frequency. When I stop u-boot from booting Linux, then I see the expected 66Mhz clock.

However, once Linux boots the clock gets changed to 133Mhz. Is this controlled by the device tree?

If so, can someone provide the required change to reduce this frequency?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce

please look at linux documentation../bindings/bus/imx-weim.txt how to set CSxGCR1 :

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bap3ball
Contributor III

Ok, but I need to run in continuous BCLK which I believe means the BCD in CSxGCR1 must be set to 0.

When using continuous BCLK mode, how is the BCLK frequency changed? Is there some control of the EIM_WCR in a device tree?

It looks to me like either setting WCR[GBCD] and WCR[BCM=1] or changing the CSCMR1(slow_podf) could work. Are one of those the preferred method for change BCLK frequency in continuous mode?

If so, how are those changed in a device tree?

0 Kudos

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You mentioned is SSI or SAI interface?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

all CSxGCR can be changed by property: "fsl,weim-cs-timing",

EIM_WCR seems can not be changed.

Regarding "how"s  for continuous BCLK, suggest to create new thread.

0 Kudos