cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q parallel cmos sensor timing problem

Jump to solution
lampo
Contributor I

The image captured is dividing into blocks with image shift(see the attachment).  

Image sensor is mt9v034,8 bit monochrome,parallel.  And we have confirmed with  aptina  that  we can capture the picture if we didn't change any register of the sensor .    

The output data line used of the sensor is high 8 bit of the 10 bit, connecting to imx6q output pin CAM_D0 ~  CAM_D7.  imx6q provides 24M sysclock to the sensor.    Is there could be some timing problem with imx6q? 

But when the the image is overexposure(auto agc,auto aec),then the image captured  is just right with no dislocation. 

it has been a week,but we still have no idea about what's wrong. We really appreciate your advice,thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi glb

please check that sensor was correctly connected (starting from IPUx_CSIx_DATA19

) according to Table 66. Camera Input Signal Cross Reference, Format, and Bits Per Cycle

i.MX6DQ Datasheet

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
lampo
Contributor I

thanks a lot, igor.

I  also want to know,  for 8 bit gray raw image sensor ,  which format of IPU Sensor Interface should take,

RGB565 or RGB888? (I  find  IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC in code,but i don't know which  format it corresponds to).

But even for these formats, the IPU CSI  supposes one pixel has 2 or 3 clock cycles, while my sensor outputs 2 pixels 

in 2 clock cycles!   Does this affect the real image content(we don't use IPU processing func,just take CSI->MEM  path)?

0 Kudos