cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx-gpu-viv DRM

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi Team,

I am using the imx6qsabresd board and running the Qt application or GPU application,using the x11 display server, there i am facing the segmentation fault while running the qt5 app.and i am suspecting the version mismatch between the 

lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so.1" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)

lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)

And i am not getting the any output from $dmesg | grep gpu . Do we need to use DEPENDS_append = "libdrm" in imx-gpu-viv_6.4.3.bb file?

Does it need the drm vivante and what causes the library mismatch? 

Please give suggestion on this.

Regards,

Rk 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rakesh3 

But i can see in the LF5.10 Release Note as - Supports EGL 1.5 for fbdev, X11, XWayland 

-> There is updated one in latest Release note. i.MX Linux Release Notes (nxp.com)

You mean EGL libs are not compatible with X11 distro ?

-> As documented in Yocto guide.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rakesh3 

Might be related to this x11 using EGL is not supported.

Harvey021_0-1685597356565.png

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi Harvey, 

Thanks for reply, 

i have builded and tested the standard imx6 image on xwayland also,its working well and good.

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source imx-setup-release.sh -b
build-xwayland

But i can see in the LF5.10 Release Note as - Supports EGL 1.5 for fbdev, X11, XWayland 

In one case , if I am changing the libEGL.so.1.5.0 to libEGL.so.1.1.0 as upstream EGL lib then i am not getting any segmentation fault here but with gui application its consuming 200% CPU seems that its not using the GPU properly . But since it's been used in the imx-linux-hardknott 5.10 , I want to use the libEGL.so.1.5.0 not libEGL.so.1.1.0(upstream libs). 

Please help me on this, how prebuild imx image 5.10 is working well with my qt5 application and all GUI applications, I know its using wayland not x11.

You mean EGL libs are not compatible with X11 distro ?

Should i expect any output in $dmesg | grep gpu as i am getting in nxp repbuild [drm] Initialized vivante 1.0.0  for 1300000.gpu on minor 0

I am not above output in our custom bsp.

Please suggest on this ? what i am missing or why DRM is not getting initialized.?

Regards,

Rk

0 Kudos