cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ide for imx31

ritat
Contributor II
Hi all,
I am a newbie to imx31. We are developing a video application based on the imx31ads board. We want to include our own devices like camera and displays. So we will also be writing device drivers. Is it possible to use the RVDS with Eclipse toolchain for both application and driver development on Linux. no RTOS involved. Initially we want to write application code for the included peripherals on board. Can someone suggest a suitable IDE.?
Thanks
Ritat
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ritat
Contributor II
Hi,
I am working on Linux host for iMX31. I have seen the Macraigor site for the Eclipse, but is it possible to download Redboot using the Macraigor tools?

We have been evaluating RVDS with Eclipse and WindRiver IDE.Still not evaluated the MULTI IDE from Green Hills. Can anyone suggest which IDE is suitable for both application and device driver development. I was told that there are connectivity issues with the WindRiver debugger.
Thanks
Ritat
0 Kudos

fhuang
Contributor I
i used eclipse with macraigor jtag.  but for rvds, i think you have to go with codewarrior.  i abandended both, using ltib with bsp, and just editing files with vi.  what os are you running on your imx31?
0 Kudos