Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM Android Automotive OS SCFW Firmware Issue and Bootup Problem

Jump to solution
cbl
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am developing on a custom board with iMX8QM on it.

I compiled the Android Automotive OS 12.0.0 image and ran it on the iMX8QM EVK board.

But the same image doesn't work on my custom board.

I found that the problem was caused by the "scfw-tcm.bin" binary.

I have a "scfw-tcm.bin" file that runs my Yocto image but I don't know from which source code it was generated.

I included the binary that runs my Yocto image in my Android Automotive OS BSP and recompiled.

After this process, I tried to upload my image, which I compiled with the "uuu_imx_android_flash.bat" script, to my custom board, but the installation cannot load the "u-boot-imx8qm-mek-uuu.imx" file and proceed to the next installation step.

When this upload is done in the Serial Port, I see a U-Boot flow, but then there is no intelligence and the upload stays here.

What changes can I make to the source file "${MY_ANDROID}/vendor/nxp/fsl-proprietary/uboot-firmware/imx8qm/board-imx8qm.c", which generates the "scfw-tcm.bin" file for this problem?

With what change in this source file can I get my image to run on my custom board?

Could you please help me with this issues?

Best regards,
Efecan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cbl
Contributor IV

Hi @Zhiming_Liu,

Thank you for your support and feedback.

I will review the document you referenced.

Best regards,

Efecan

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cbl 

If you have any dts change/ hardware reassign compared with MEK, you need follow below link to change and generate new SCFW firmware.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/System-Controller-Firmware-101/ta-p/1124...

Regards

Zhiming

0 Kudos
cbl
Contributor IV

Hi @Zhiming_Liu,

Thank you for your support and feedback.

I will review the document you referenced.

Best regards,

Efecan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos