Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 EVK USB SDP

Jump to solution
simonlocke
Contributor III

Hi

I'm trying to build the uboot image from source and download to the iMX8M EVK. I'm starting from the latest 'linux-sumo' 4.14.78 source found here:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest/tree/?h=imx-linux-sumo

Everything builds as expected and I can produce a "imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bin-flash_evk" file, which I have selected with the manufacturing tool cfg files (I have previous experience of this from work on iMX6).

The processor powers up and I can see the HID device on USB. However when I click start on MfgTool, it does something, and then goes Red to indicate failure. The Console shows the processor starting boot, doing DDR4 training, and then it stops on:

Trying to boot from USB SDP

SDP: initialise...

SDP: handle requests...

The boot does not progress beyond this. Why?? I notice that the USB device changes from the 1fc9:012b NXP device to a 0525:b4a4 Netchip Technology device. Why is this?

I can successfully boot the imx-boot image provided with the mfgtool image I have downloaded, so I know my setup is good (this image boots to uboot console, as I expect).

Why does the 'out of the box' image not work for the eval board? Is this an issue, or am I doing something wrong?

Note I have also tried booting the image using the imx_loader toolcloned from github, with much the same result.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon

latest L4.14.78 uses uuu instead mfg tool, one can check linux documentation (Linux Guide):

Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&appType=license&location=null 

Home · NXPmicro/mfgtools Wiki · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon

latest L4.14.78 uses uuu instead mfg tool, one can check linux documentation (Linux Guide):

Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&appType=license&location=null 

Home · NXPmicro/mfgtools Wiki · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

simonlocke
Contributor III

Note that some further experimenting today has show that the image I produced will correctly boot the processor when written to the on board MMC.

Its just that the mfgtool will not allow the image to boot correctly.

0 Kudos