cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 CSI documentation

ensc
Contributor III

Hello,

where can I find documentation about the iMX8 CSI controller?  The available reference manual rev.0 lists three address ranges per controller:

pastedImage_1.png

But there is only a "MIPI CS Host Controller (MIPI_CS)" chapter which seems to cover only one of these three ranges.:

pastedImage_2.png

What is this base address 100h?  Where are the other units described?

Tnanks

3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, most likely, you mean the i.MX8M family of processors, since the i.MX8 and i.MX8X families are not released yet.

So, the i.MX8M series processors have 2 MIPI_CSI camera interfaces of four lanes each. So, all references to the CSI (not MIPI_CSI) interfaces should be treated as "Reserved" in the Memory Map and Interrupt map descriptions. Also, there is nothing to access by application software in the MIPI_CSI_PHY modules, so, the corresponding address ranges also should be treated as "Reserved".

Also, the "Base Address 100h" in the MIPI_CSI register descriptions section is just a typo, just ignore it. The actual base addresses of each of two MIPI_CSI modules are listed in the Memory Map table.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ensc
Contributor III

First, most likely, you mean the i.MX8M family of processors

yes; I tried to set the corresponding "category" but this does not seem to work (HTTP server returns a "404 not fond").

So, all references to the CSI (not MIPI_CSI) interfaces should be treated as "Reserved" in the Memory Map and Interrupt map descriptions

The Linux BSP uses the mx6s_capture.c driver to access the csi1_bridge@30a90000 range so this range does not seem to be "reserved" and can be accessed by applications.   But where can I find documentation about this "CSI1" (30a90000) range?

0x30a70000 (which is used by the mxc-mipi-csi2_yav.c driver) seems to setup some physical parameters but documentation does not contain any information e.g. where to setup addresses used for DMA or where EOF interrupts can be enabled.

There is some reference to a (misspelled)  "CSI-2 Controller User Guice"; where can I find this document?

michaeltang
Contributor II

I have this issue too, trying to find out what's wrong in my MIPI CSI, but cannot understand what is doing in mxc-mipi-csi2_yav and mx6s_capture in existing document ~"~

0 Kudos