Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX7Sabre board 'PingPong' demo

Jump to solution
manuel_kreutz
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm stuck in getting the demo "PingPong" running on the iMX 7 Dual Sabre board REV D.

Settings:

- Software Packs installed and used for device "MCIMX7D7"

- uVision 5 as IDE with KEIL ULINK/ME as debugging device for the M4

- Linker and Target options set as shown in files "uVision_Target.jpeg" and "uVision_Linker.jpeg"

- SD card with pre-installed Linux distribution from NXP

Steps:

1. Stop Linux doing autoboot

2. Start debugging the demo in uVision

3. Demo on the M4 is initialized correctly I guess -> output shown in "SerialMonitor_M4.jpeg"

4. After starting Linux with command "boot" -> the initialization is stuck within the "starting kernel ..." operation (file "SerialMonitor_A7.jpeg") and wouldn't continue to get Linux running to check the communication between the processors (without debugging the demo it is possible to run Linux without any problems)

Did I forget something to set or change in the settings?

I have no idea how to solve that problem and will appreciate any tip or hint...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Manu

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

it is necessary to start Linux first in A7 core and then call from Linux the Ping Pong app in M4. The reason is that Linux will reconfigure all system including clocks when A7 starts and this may cause an unexpected behavior.

Please take a look here:

Running RPMsg Demo Applications for Multicore Communication with IMX6SX and IMX7D 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

it is necessary to start Linux first in A7 core and then call from Linux the Ping Pong app in M4. The reason is that Linux will reconfigure all system including clocks when A7 starts and this may cause an unexpected behavior.

Please take a look here:

Running RPMsg Demo Applications for Multicore Communication with IMX6SX and IMX7D 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

manuel_kreutz
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thank you very much for your answer.

After loading the .bin to the SD-card like in your link and following the steps described in the answer here it worked.

Regards,

Manu

0 Kudos