cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX28 boot error with SD

victorien
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm designing a custom board with an iMX28 processor. I also have an iMX28EVK board to make some test.

I boot on SD card with the 2 card.

Result on EVK board :

- the SD card is detected

- the card boot correctly

Result on custom board :

- no boot

- error on debug UART 0x8020A014 (this error means that there is a problem with SD detection)

On the iMX28 website there is an information about a patch to correct the SSP_SCK polarity. Then I have 2 questions :

- was this patch apply by freescale  on the EVK board ?

- I don't apply this patch on my board, is it the reason of my problem ?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your message. What document or reference can I use to apply this patch? I am currently stuck with my project until this is fixed. More information would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos

mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

I just realized that I will need to add an external EEPROM to the i.MX28 and boot from that device. I'll start a new thread if I have an issue with the programming.

0 Kudos

mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

Hello Rita and Freescale team,

Would it be possible to received the steps to apply this HW patch from Freescale directly? I am facing the same SSP1 issue with the imx28 EVK. I cannot boot from the SD card (SSP1) and I need both SD slots. One for the Wi-Fi EVB (SSP0) and the other for the Kernel and Filesystem. 

What are the exact steps to fix TKT131240 with the patch provided here: Patch for the SDK 2010.12 to fix the incorrect polarity when boot mode is set as boot from SD/eMMC o... I cannot find any doc on this.

Thank You,

b45499igorpadykov

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

please program eeprom on any programmer and boot

from eeprom using Table 12-3. Boot Mode Selection Map MX28 RM

http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/ref_manual/MCIMX28RM.pdf

~igor

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victorien,

Yes, it is. You can have a try to patch it on your board. If you have more questions please ask on our community

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

victorien
Contributor IV

Thinks for your answer.

The procedure described on the readme.txt (find on the patch) isn't not very clear and I would to know if there is another document from freescale.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victorien,

So sorry I can not find, but I recommend you can reference the other related thread ROM boot code documentation

in freescale community. Hope this can help you. Any questions will be welcome~~

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

victorien
Contributor IV

Hi dan, and thanks for your answer.

I read the post and unfortunatly I don't find more information than we have to boot from an external eeprom. But there is one think that I don't understand about this external memory :

It's necessary to add this memory to fix the problem. And does it modify the internal boot rom of the processor or is it necessary to have this external memory to boot each time ?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victorien,

As your u-boot not working, it's hard to identify where the problem is.  If you could post more information about environment?

1、Would you please tell us the hardware difference between your customer's board with iMX28EVK board ? If the design is not the same so the source code should be modified, e.g SD card definition.

2、Which BSP are you using? If you are using L2.6.35_MX28_SDK_10.12_SOURCE ,the patchL2.6.35_10.12_SSP_CLK_PATCH_UP is necessary. If you are using the newest BSP L2.6.35_1.1.0_ER_SOURCE,the patch L2.6.35_1.1.1_UPDATER_PATCH_UP  is needed.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

victorien
Contributor IV

Hi Dan,

My environment is :

- imx bootlet 10.12.01

- barebox 2013.06.0

- linux 2.6.35

We don't use the freescale BSP LTIB

Our compiler is Code Sourcery G++ Lite 2009.Q1-203

When we create the binary files with our environment for iMX28EVK board it's working when we boot from SD card

When we create the binary files for our custom board, it's working if we boot from USB recovery (we send the bootloader with mxsldr) and we can execute linux kermel from SD card.

When we execute the same binary files from the SD card, we have this error code on debug uart : 0x8020A014

Our problem is the boot from the SD card and I don't understand how to apply the patch L2.6.35_10.12_SSP_CLK_PATCH_UP. Then I would like to know how to apply this patch ; the description in the readme file is not enough clear for me.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victorien,

Have you solved your problem?

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

victorien
Contributor IV

Hi Dan,

I don't yet resolve my problem. The link that you give me explain how to apply a patch to the source code but I don't find information for the way to apply an "hardware" patch. My problem is the bug during the boot from SD car on SSP0. I spoke with Paolo Messina who writes this post https://community.freescale.com/thread/303412 and He gives me the information that I need ; I just need time to test the solution.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victorien,

Thanks for your reply. Wish you solve your problem as soon as possible. If any questions, we are here pleasure to help you.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victorien,

You can take this for reference https://community.freescale.com/thread/299202.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos