cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX BSP roadmap

fmonte
Contributor IV

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to know the current roadmap for BSP development.

On a custom iMX8QM board we are currently running a customized 4.14.98 BSP (with eCockpit patches). We have found a lot of issues, mostly related to the system controller, that have been fixed in newer releases (5.4.70).

At this point I think NXP considers the 4.14 BSP dead since no patches are backported there anymore. However, patches have been backported to 4.14 for a long time, making it somehow a LTS release.

Can the 5.4.x branch be considered LTS? Or the support will stop when the next BSP will come out?

I have heard on the eCockpit community that NXP is working on a 5.10 BSP. Is that correct? When it is supposed to be released?

Any information on the upcoming releases are really welcomed, to help us to plan the porting to current NXP releases.

Thank you,

Francesco

0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

See below, please!

>>Can the 5.4.x branch be considered LTS?
Our released BSP does not have the concept of LTS. Generally speaking, as long as the documents can be downloaded from our official website, we will do our best to provide technical support to customers.

>>Or the support will stop when the next BSP will come out?
No, it is not like that
For example, the latest version is 5.4.70, but we also provide support for 4.1.15 customers.

>>I have heard on the eCockpit community that NXP is working on a 5.10 BSP. Is that correct?
yes, it is.

>>When it is supposed to be released?
It will be ready in design team at the end of Q1 this year .
The release time is determined by the marketing department. Currently, our team does not have an exact release date.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

0 Kudos