Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx8x for force off

sean_xiao1
Contributor I

Dear all,

I am researching i.MX8QXP,and now I have the following questions:
1,ON_OFF_BUTTON pin of i.mx8QXP , hold for 5 sec for force off , and hold for 0.5 sec to turn on ,Is there a way to hold for 1s for force off?

2, Whether there is a pin to inform the PMIC to forcibly turn off the power by changing the level of this pin , and the power is turned off according to the normal power-down sequence?

3,Can poweroff be performed through the gpio interrupt handler?

Who can help me ? Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

sean_xiao1
Contributor I

Who can help me?

thanks!

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sean Xiao,

I reviewed this matter with our experts and they confirmed that the ONOFF button programming is in the SNVS, which is accessible only to the SECO due to the HW design (done for security).

The SCFW has to send SECO several messages to program: AHAB_WRITE_SNVS_PARAM_REQ messages with AHAB_SNVS_ID_BTN_CONFIG, AHAB_SNVS_ID_BTN_MASK, and AHAB_SNVS_ID_BTN_TIME.  This is abstracted in the SCFW using the SNVS driver with functions like SNVS_ConfigButton and SNVS_ButtonTime.

Please note that these functions are not accessible from Linux. The ONOFF button affects the entire system and so programming can only be done from board.c. This is described on the SCFW Porting Guide which should be accessible to you through your FAE.

I hope that this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sean Xiao,

My apologies. Since the documentation on this processor is still limited, I have opened an internal inquiry regarding this feature on the i.MX8XP.

I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos