i.mx8m plus MIPI-DSI and HDMI dual display (same content)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx8m plus MIPI-DSI and HDMI dual display (same content)

chp0423
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using an i.MX8m plus board and want to use DSI and HDMI dual display (the two monitor need to display the same content at the same time). I have enabled DSI and HDMI display in dts file.

I have developed a Qt applicaiton. When I use wayland platform with ./qtdemo -platform wayland, the desktop can display on two monitors but the qt application can only display on the one and I have to drag it to the other with mouse.

When I use eglfs platform with ./qtdemo -platform eglfs, the application can only display on the DSI monitor and the HDMI monitor has no output (I have executed export QT_QPA_EGLFS_KMS_CONFIG=/usr/share/examples/eglfs.json, and in my eglfs.json file, I set "device" to "/dev/dri/card1" because using /dev/dri/card0 will not generate output)

so my question is, in the two cases (with wayland and eglfs plaffotm), how can I display the same application on the two monitors at the same time?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

current bsp doesn't support clone mode, only extend mode

0 Kudos

chp0423
Contributor III

In addition, I tested gst-launch with glimagesink (after stopping weston service), the glimagesink will generate exactly the same display on two monitors, i.e., it's clone mode. It seems that the glimagesink don't need the support of bsp to chieve clone mode display? 

(gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! "video/x-raw, format=YUY2, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=60/1, pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1, interlace-mode=progressive, colorimetry=bt709" ! queue ! glimagesink, this command will display my camera proview on the two monitors at the same time)

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok, I mean weston doesn't support clone mode, customer needs to modify this, as I known glimagesink has some performance issue, but if glimagesink is ok for you, you can use it

0 Kudos

chp0423
Contributor III

is it possible for the bsp to support clone mode? do you have any upgrade plan? or do you have any idea that we can implement clone mode by ourself, maybe by customization of wayland?

0 Kudos