cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6sx repoteproc

Maksym
Contributor I

Hi,

I`m working with i.mx6sx and I want to use remoteproc to upload fw to the m4 co-processor.

The version of my Linux core is 5.15.

The problem is that my remoteproc folder in the /sys/class/ is empty. Can anybody help with it?

#include <dt-bindings/clock/imx6sx-clock.h>

/{
reserved-memory {
m4_ddr_reserved: m4_ddr@0x8FF00000 {
reg = <0x8FF00000 0xF0000>;
no-map;
};

rpmsg_reserved {
reg = <0x8FFF0000 0x10000>;
no-map;
};

};

imx6sx-cm4 {
compatible = "fsl,imx6sx-cm4";
status = "okay";

memory-region = <&m4_ddr_reserved>;
syscon = <&src>;
};
};

0 Kudos
7 Replies

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

When you have no idea why it doesn't probe, you may save time editing driver probe() to emit messages where it chokes. This gives idea what may be wrong. 

1. imx6sx-cm4{}

Isn't it missing clocks= assignment? Somewhat indeed has to enable M4 root clock.

memory-region should list areas, where your FW ELF file is putting code and initialized constants. Addresses from the Cortex-A perspective. When rproc driver fails to load ELF - it should emit some message to dmesg.

2. reserved-memory 

I think it worked like that in older kernels. Newer ones seem being more picky, look for "OF" and "reserved" in dmesg. At least "ranges" must be there, dmesg should warn about missing #xx-cells

reserved-memory {
		#address-cells = <1>;
		#size-cells = <1>;
		ranges;

0 Kudos

Maksym
Contributor I

Hi,
I`m fine thanks.

1) I don`t know the exact version of the BSP. I`m using yocto kirkstone in the project, so the BSP is taken from the imx layer of it.
   By the Github: i.MX Linux Yocto Project BSP 5.15.71_2.2.0 Release
2) Yes, I`ve read that and checked the remoteprog configuration in the menuconfig. It is enabled.

During the debug, I`ve found that the driver released because of this error: failed to find syscon ERR -22.
I don`t understand why, this parameter was included in the node. By the way, in your`s document, this parameter is absent in the node at all.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maksym ,

I hope you're doing great. Please help me with the following questions to see what the problem is:

1. What specific version of our BSP are you using? 

2. Have you reviewed the steps and information from Section 9 Linux Remote Processor (RPROC) Framework from this application note? AN5317.pdf (nxp.com)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

Maksym
Contributor I

Hi,
I`m fine thanks.

1) I don`t know the exact version of the BSP. I`m using yocto kirkstone in the project, so the BSP is taken from the imx layer of it.
By the Github: i.MX Linux Yocto Project BSP 5.15.71_2.2.0 Release
2) Yes, I`ve read that and checked the remoteprog configuration in the menuconfig. It is enabled.

During the debug, I`ve found that the driver released because of this error: failed to find syscon ERR -22.
I don`t understand why, this parameter was included in the node. By the way, in your`s document, this parameter is absent in the node at all.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maksym ,

What image did you create with Yocto? Or let me know what steps you followed to create it. The lack of RPROC files and folder may be due to the type of image generated (they all can be 5.15, but some images have more features than others), so this information can help us discard that possibility. 

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

Maksym
Contributor I

I`m crating the core-minimal image

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maksym ,

I hope you're doing great. I believe that'd be the reason why there are no RPROC files, since the core-image-minimal only allows a device to boot. You could try using other Yocto images which have more functionality and applications. 

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos