i.mx6 dual display (HDMI+LVDS),qml application not running with two startx commands.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 dual display (HDMI+LVDS),qml application not running with two startx commands.

ankith
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using freescale sabresd quad plus imx6 device with yocto kernel version 4.9.11. We are trying to run qt qml application in two monitors with seperate contents(Without mirror). First I disabled Xserver to start from bootup. We wrotre a script  which will start Xserver with seperate server layouts.In one of the monitor with HDMI output displays the QT application but LVDS screen fails to start Xserver.But Matchbox is running in both screens using startx command. I have given logs which may be helpful.

In dtsi file I changed screen ID as 1 for HDMI and 0 for LVDS display. My doubt is that shall I change ipu_id also to run different Xservers?.

I got only one line related to vivante driver in dmesg i.e.

[    1.593369] [drm] Initialized vivante 1.0.0 20120216 on minor 0

When I run script to start two X servers two Xorg log files created Xorg.0.log and Xorg.1.log. In Xorg.1.log Im getting error like this.

[1869838.822] (EE) /dev/dri/card0: failed to set DRM interface version 1.4: Permission denied
[1869838.855] (EE) Screen 1 deleted because of no matching config section.
[1869839.530] (EE) [drm] Could not set DRM device bus ID.
[1869839.530] (EE) VIVANTE(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

Please suggest me if I have missed something.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ankith
Contributor I

Hello igorpadyv,

Thanks for replying.

I got dual display working, but QT5 application is not running simultaneously. Actually I wanted help on how to use driver (VIVANTE) on imx6 board with X11 image to achieve Dual Display with QT5 application working. My doubt is that  can we make use of same driver to handle two seperate Xserver, or is there any other method to achieve that??

Another doubt is that can we add fbdev driver in X11 image??. I tried adding driver as fbdev in device section of xorg.conf file. but i'm getting error as no screen found while running startx.

kindly share any information related.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ankith

available options are described in nxp linux documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&appType=license&location=null 

other features, not found in documentation may be supported with help of  NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ankith

one can check useful similar example developed by third party

Qt5 Demo Airport Check-in Dual Display with Toradex Colibri iMX6 - Favorite Videos 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos