Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx53 download failed with windows embedded compact 7

Jump to solution
YananShi
Contributor I

hi all:

now I am facing with a difficult problem with my wince7 debugging: for some need I must complie the debug version of NK and download to my i.mx53 device; at first my release version of NK.nb0 is good to run.

when I finished the debug compiling, I found that there generated 2 NK files: NK.nb0 and NK.nb1; each one is 94M size; and then I found that the config.bib defines the NK_SIZE and address; so I have changed the NK_SIZE to a larger size; the corrospending address I also changed; after a new sysgen there is only one NK file named NK.nb0.

after doing that I download the NK though the MfgTool_1.6.2.0322.exe tool(after modified the ucl.xml); and then I encountered the issue: the i.mx53 device cannot startup normally. the seri-port debug log stops at the boot phase.

Then I tried to resume all the setup and download the original NK.nb0(release version), but the same issue still happens.

Now I am stuck at this and cannot move on my debug work. can anyone help me out of this? The serial-port log is added.

Original Attachment has been moved to: serial_log.txt.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is another simple way for you to use the debug mode building:

You can build the IMX53 SMD project in both debug and retail mode, then copy some debug mode files (for example: fsdmgr.*) into your retail build folder "iMX53_SMD_Mobility\RelDir\Freescale_i_MX53_SMD_ARMV7_Release"; then for retail build, open the command line window from VS2008 menu "Build" -> "Open Release Directory in Build Window".

Then run "romimage ce.bib" in command line window, after finished, the new image NK.nb0 with debug version fsdmgr.dll will be built, this can avoid image size too big.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YananShi
Contributor I

hi, is there anyone interested on this???

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you increased the NK_SIZE in config.bib, you should also increase the size of IMAGE_BOOT_NKIMAGE_SIZE in image_cfg.h and image_cfg.inc, and you should also rebuild your MFGTool firmware with the iMX53_SMD_UUT project.

0 Kudos
YananShi
Contributor I

Hi, thank you for reponding me! I have modified  IMAGE_BOOT_NKIMAGE_SIZE in image_cfg.h and image_cfg.inc, and make a new NK image;

but there's a problem: why should I re-build the  MFGTool firmware? And when I was doing this in iMX53_SMD_UUT project, there happens an error:

d:\wince700\osdesigns\imx53_smd_uut\wince700\imx53_smd_armv7_retail\cesysgen\oak\target\armv7\retail\EHCI.DLL : error : Unresolved import due to missing export with ordinal '1581 (0x062D)' from referenced module 'd:\wince700\osdesigns\imx53_smd_uut\wince700\imx53_smd_armv7_retail\cesysgen\oak\target\armv7\retail\COREDLL.DLL' {log="D:\WinCE700\build.log(4573)"}

d:\wince700\osdesigns\imx53_smd_uut\wince700\imx53_smd_armv7_retail\cesysgen\oak\target\armv7\retail\EHCICERT.DLL : error : Unresolved import due to missing export with ordinal '1581 (0x062D)' from referenced module 'd:\wince700\osdesigns\imx53_smd_uut\wince700\imx53_smd_armv7_retail\cesysgen\oak\target\armv7\retail\COREDLL.DLL' {log="D:\WinCE700\build.log(4574)"}

can you help me to check why this error happens?

thank you!

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is another simple way for you to use the debug mode building:

You can build the IMX53 SMD project in both debug and retail mode, then copy some debug mode files (for example: fsdmgr.*) into your retail build folder "iMX53_SMD_Mobility\RelDir\Freescale_i_MX53_SMD_ARMV7_Release"; then for retail build, open the command line window from VS2008 menu "Build" -> "Open Release Directory in Build Window".

Then run "romimage ce.bib" in command line window, after finished, the new image NK.nb0 with debug version fsdmgr.dll will be built, this can avoid image size too big.

0 Kudos
YananShi
Contributor I

Thank you for the advice. Now I can check the debug log can be printed.

0 Kudos