i.MX8QXP scfw: Issue on cpu's internal PULL pad SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, set pull disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8QXP scfw: Issue on cpu's internal PULL pad SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, set pull disabled

tommaso_merciai
Contributor II
Hi all,
We are working on scfw 1.2.7.1 for i.MX8QXP rev B0. We need to read the value of GPIO4 19  pad SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B  mux 4. To do that we use the following way:

/* GPIO configuration */
igpio_pin_config_t config_i;
config_i.direction = kIGPIO_DigitalInput;

/* Power up and mux pad as GPIO */
pm_force_resource_power_mode(SC_R_GPIO_4, SC_PM_PW_MODE_ON);
pad_force_mux(SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, 4, SC_PAD_CONFIG_OD_IN, SC_PAD_ISO_OFF);

/* Init GPIO */
IGPIO_PinInit(GPIO4, 19U, &config_i);

/* and read GPIO*/
val = IGPIO_PinRead(GPIO4, 19U);
debug_print(1, "\nVALUE --> 0x%x\n", val);

GPIO value is correctly read but we are not able to set PULL configuration,  pag 733 of Reference Manual.

6-5 Pull Down Pull Up

PULL
Pull Down Pull Up
00b - Prohibited
01b - pull up
10b - pull down
11b - pull disabled

We want set pull disabled mode from scfw sources. To do that we try to use the following functions, with negative result:

sc_pad_set_gp_28fdsoi(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_DSE_DV_LOW, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_PS_NONE);
sc_pad_set_gp(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, 0x24000077);
sc_pad_set(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, 0x24000077);

After these functions have been used, we always see active the interna cpu pull-up .

Thanks in advance.
Tommaso
0 Kudos
3 Replies

tommaso_merciai
Contributor II

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your answer. In the previous thread I describe that we have just try this way without success.

"We want set pull disabled mode from scfw sources. To do that we try to use the following functions, with negative result:

sc_pad_set_gp_28fdsoi(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_DSE_DV_LOW, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_PS_NONE);
sc_pad_set_gp(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, 0x24000077);
sc_pad_set(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, 0x24000077);

After these functions have been used, we always see active the interna cpu pull-up ."
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/i-MX8QXP-scfw-Issue-on-cpu-s-internal-PULL-pad-SC-P-USD....

Other ideas?

Thanks again.

Tommaso

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry I missed that part, please try without using the sc_ in the function:

pad_set_gp_28fdsoi(SC_PT, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_DSE_DV_LOW, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_PS_NONE);

Also, if this does not work please check the return value of this function and share it.

BR,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For configuration like the pull select, please try with the following function:
sc_pad_set_gp_28fdsoi(ipc, SC_P_USDHC1_RESET_B, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_DSE_DV_LOW, SC_PAD_28FDSOI_PS_NONE);

Thanks,
Aldo.

0 Kudos