i.MX8M vpudec gstreamer: Error access unit boundary check when passing ximagesrc over UDP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M vpudec gstreamer: Error access unit boundary check when passing ximagesrc over UDP

Jump to solution
EdwinW
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have been playing around with streaming a display to the i.MX8M using H.264, and the pipeline works until I use the hardware decoder, the vpudec element. I have changed the source to a test source, and this works, and I have changed the decoder to avdec_h264, and this works.

The client side pipeline is:

gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc ! video/x-raw,framerate=50/1 ! queue! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=1080,height=720 ! videoconvert ! queue ! x264enc tune=zerolatency bitrate=500 ! rtph264pay ! queue ! udpsink port=5000 host=192.168.1.254

The host side:

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 ! "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" ! queue ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! vpudec ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false

Running with GST_DEBUG=2, the Following error occurs repeatedly:

ERROR: ACCESS UNIT BOUNDARY CHECK
0:00:20.489915577 3504 0x38972370 WARN vpu_dec_object gstvpudecobject.c:1461:gst_vpu_dec_object_decode:<vpudecobject0> Dropped video frame before VPU init ok!

Where this warning line doesn't point to the error in the code, but an assignment of a boolean; having looked through the source code, it looks as if there could be an under run happening, but I'm not sure how to resolve this issue.

This is running a bare lite-image yocto image, without wayland or X window server installed. (https://github.com/Avnet/meta-maaxboard/tree/sumo)

If you can point me in the right direction of the cause, I would more than grateful.

Kindly,

Edwin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinW
Contributor I

This error turned out to be a result of an out of order sequence.

I resolved this by changing the h.264 codec by converting to video/x-raw,format=I420

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @EdwinW 

I hope you are doing well.

As you mentioned this issue is resolved. So can i mark this ticket to close state?

Thanks & Regards.

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos
EdwinW
Contributor I

This error turned out to be a result of an out of order sequence.

I resolved this by changing the h.264 codec by converting to video/x-raw,format=I420

0 Kudos