i.MX6SDL IPU parallel display port for BT.601 and VESA DMT.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SDL IPU parallel display port for BT.601 and VESA DMT.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

We want to know about i.MX6SDL IPU parallel display port.

[Q1]

We understand IPU parallel display port can output display data which is compliant to ITU-R BT.601 since it supports BT.656 & BT1120, is this correct?

[Q2]

Can i.MX6SDL IPU parallel display port output display data which is compliant to VESA DMT standard timing also?

Our concern is that whether i.MX6SDL can generate the aprepriate frequency for the pixel clock.

I understand the source clock of the pixel clock is PLL3 PFD1 as default setting.

In this case, PLL3 PFD1 is used for only display modules (IPU, EPDC, HDMI).

So I believe PLL3 PFD1 does not affect other than display modules even if the output frequency is changed and i.MX6SDL can output VESA DMT standart data.

Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

1. correct

2. correct, also BSP calculates the timings using VESA, as states

MX53UG Chapter 18 Table 18-3. Parameter Information

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

1. correct

2. correct, also BSP calculates the timings using VESA, as states

MX53UG Chapter 18 Table 18-3. Parameter Information

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your reply.

Then, I found the document about the parameter in <linux dir>/Documentation/fb/modedb.txt (There is same file in L3.0.35_4.1.0 and L3.10.17_1.0.0-ga).

And I tried VESA output to MCIMX51LCD with L3.0.35_4.1.0 and L3.10.17_1.0.0-ga.

The results are the following pictures, these seem good.

IMG_0166.JPG.jpg

IMG_0167.JPG.jpg

In this case, I used the following bootargs.

[L3.0.35_4.1.0]

bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,640x480M-16@55,if=RGB565

(@60 generated flicker)

[L3.10.17_1.0.0-ga]

bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,640x480M-16@60,if=RGB565

Thank you for your great support.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos