Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 enhanced transmit buffer - Protocol Specific Checksum failure

Jump to solution
sammy
Contributor I

Hi,

for an avionic project I am sending UDP packets with a UDP data length of 179, 181, 177 bytes from the i.MX6 to a client computer.

I have programmed the i.MX6 bare-bone including the ENET driver and the UDP/IP stack.

The Ethernet packages are send using the enhanced transmit buffer descriptors with full hardware accelerator support enabled (TC, PINS and INS). In addition the application specific flags TO1, R, and L are enabled.

I am sending 3 different UDP packages in a loop with 1000 iterarions and with a waiting time of 2 seconds between each package.

Although I am sending always the same 3 packages (UDP data) I can see on Wireshark that the UDP checksum is sometimes incorrect (please have a look on the attached screen shot).

But for the exact same package it is sometimes correct and sometime incorrect. I looks really like a hardware bug.

Can you please help ? Is this a known issue ?

Thank you in advanced.

Sammy

udp_ckecksum_calc_failure_of_same_data.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sammy
Contributor I

Hi,

I could solve the problem. It is no hardware issue. The problem was that I did not clear the checksum field in all cases, thus a random behavior apperared.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sammy
Contributor I

Hi,

I could solve the problem. It is no hardware issue. The problem was that I did not clear the checksum field in all cases, thus a random behavior apperared.

0 Kudos