cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 board - Technical questions

kevinchappuis
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm looking for a hardware platform based on ARM architecture for automotive applications. After reading documents around the i.MX6 family, I have several technical questions to clarify some points in order to confirm if the i.MX6 can be a potential solution:

1. Is it possible to restrict peripheral accesses only from the ARM Secure world with a hardware IP such as ARM CoreLink NIC-400?

2. Which is the GIC (Generic Interrupt Controller) version and revision?

3. Is it possible to have access to all ARM processors modes (secure PL1, monitor) in order to implement custom applications? If so, how this custom binary can be added in the BSP during the flash process?

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kevinchappuis
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

It is possible  to restrict peripheral accesses only from the ARM Secure world,

using i.MX6 CSU.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0416b/DDI0416B_gic_pl390_r0p0_trm.pdf 

After reset all ARM processors modes are available for customer's application, including

Linux.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos